Fredericksburg, TX

Teeceelou

We are looking at either Fredericksburg RV Park or Fredericksburg KOA. This will be for about a week in March. Can anyone provide comments on either or both? Thank you in advance!:eek:

jimtoo

Hi Teeceelou,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have got to recommend Fredericksburg RV Park. It is right in town, easy in and out, clean, nice size sites, all the things you look for in an RV park. I think they even have free ice for the folks. The KOA is nice,,, but it is a KOA. We visit Fredericksburg 2 or 3 times a year and have stayed at both. Great food and shops along main street also. We will be there 2nd week of Oct for a week to meet with some friends also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

We looked at the KOA last week. The main thing that made it stand out was the pricing. High, Higher, Stratospheric. "Oh, did you want shade trees? We have another price for that." Maybe there's something we missed...

FARMER45

Lady BIRD Johnson rv park is a city park, its not too high. Its not koa but i dont use most of the services of koa

jpdoggett

We are looking at either Fredericksburg RV Park or Fredericksburg KOA. This will be for about a week in March. Can anyone provide comments on either or both? Thank you in advance!:eek:
We where in Frederickburg two marchs ago and boy was thier a lot of people and no down town parking neat little town but thay must have something going on in march

GOTTOYS

Fredericksburg is a very nice little town. Any of the RV parks there will be good for a week. There's so much to see and do there you won't be hanging around the trailer much...Don

mmomega

AnyTimer
We stayed at MillerCreek RV park in Johnson City a couple months ago and it wasn't too bad. Right on HWY 281, quiet and not very far from Fredricksburg.
We had a friend playing in Luckenbach and this was a nice area. Close to Pedernales State Park. Overall not bad, I'd go back.

If it's somewhat crowded in Fredricksburg I usually just get that parking lot thats right on the street. I think it was 5 or 9 bucks and since I was in the dually it made getting in and out a lot easier than parking on the street.

57chevyconvt

If I may, I will add another park to the list. Check out Hill Country RV Park. The price for CampClub USA members last year's fee was $20 / night for two people. Good services, 30 or 50 amp is same price. It is located on E. Main St., very near Wal Mart. Website www.hillcountryrvpark.com . If you like trees this is not the place, trees are at KOA. I will second Don's comment, lots to do and good German food.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We spent a month in Fredericksburg KOA in March 2011. It's a decent park but I think I would have rather stayed elsewhere. There are no activities to speak of except for Friday evening when the owners put on a decent Country show. It's free but they do ask for donations towards the end. The pool was closed for our whole stay. It's only a short drive to town and it was a quiet park. If I were to visit the area again, I would probably look elsewhere.
One other place to avoid would be the small park just east of Walmart.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We go there every time that we are in Texas, since we are wintering in Rockport this year I see a lot of trip there. We also visit Luckenbach. There is a shop that makes candles and you can sample the salsa. We like the RV park best.We should be there around the 15th of Oct.

noobee

A number of years ago, when we had a Cardinal 5er, we attended a rally at the KOA... great hosts there & we had a great time. IMHO: one of the better KOAs that we've stayed.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have not stayed in Fredericksburg before, however we have stayed at Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville TX. The Fredericksburg KOA is 5 miles out side of town, which is the farthest drive of those around Fredericksburg. Buckhorn RV Resort is about 30 miles away and is probably one if the nicest campground of all of them and the cost is excellent for the quality of the parks.

Just wanted to give you another option. Hope you have a great time when you get there..

BC

pegmikef

I have not stayed in Fredericksburg before, however we have stayed at Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville TX. BC

And if you do stay in or visit Kerrville, be sure to go to Gibson's Hardware Store . . . it is an old timey store that has anything you can think of. They even have a small RV parts section.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Zurn we will be in Austin at La Hacienda RV Resort until around the first week of Nov, then to Rockport. You have my phone call when you get to Pioneer or even Fredicksburg, we don't need an excuse to go there. We Love it there. I especially like the brewery and the food.