Basement Storage Area Door Opening Width

RBrown

We are about to purchase a 2012 Ti but the dealer does not have one in stock to look at. Can someone let us know how wide (in inches) the opening for the basement storage area is with the door open? This would help us decide if our current portable generator could be placed in that area during travel.
Also, any feedback on personal experience's with this model would also be appreciated! Many "thanks" in advance!

jimtoo

Hi RBrown,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure one of our members will jump in soon with the information you need.

Mean while enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

RBrown,

To clarify for others who may be able to make this measurement for you, which door do you want the opening measurement for?

- Door side baggage door
- Off Door side baggage door
- Front (generator) baggage door

Jim

RBrown

Thanks for the welcome & follow-up questions. It would be great if we could get the measurements for both the Door side and Off door side openings. We don't need the front. We're also very interested to hear any feedback any TI 32 owners may have -- good or bad. Please send PM if you would prefer. Looking forward to becoming part of the "Heartland Owners Family".
Regards,
Rob

rnewk52

Greetings, I just measured the doors on our 2012 BH TI32; the door side is 18" wide and a useable 24" high. I say useable because the door is actually 30" high but there is a box that hangs down 6" from the top. I assume there is some wiring inside the box. The off door side is 29" high and a useable 45" wide. the UDC is also behind this door and takes up about 11" of the opening. Heartland moved the propand bottles on the 2012 models so that let them increase the size of the access door on the off door side. I hope this all makes sense, if not let me know and I'll see what I can do to clarify. I hope ypu enjoy your new TI as much as we do ours. Happy Camping and safe travels.

RBrown

Thanks for providing this information - very helpful! Assuming our 2012 TI32 also has the larger basement storage area with the propane tanks moved --- and I sure hope it will -- we should be good. Will be inking the deal shortly --- can't wait to get it.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Thanks for the welcome & follow-up questions. It would be great if we could get the measurements for both the Door side and Off door side openings. We don't need the front. We're also very interested to hear any feedback any TI 32 owners may have -- good or bad. Please send PM if you would prefer. Looking forward to becoming part of the "Heartland Owners Family".
Regards,
Rob

Hello Rob , We have a great group of HOC members though out the state !! We are up to 45 Members at this time . We would love for you to join the group .

P

powerj

If your converter is hidden behind the basement wall then get it out of there. Make them move into the basement where you can access the safety fuses and use the optional remote pendant. We had a major water leak in this area from poor/loose fittings and we were lucky the converter did not get fried.
Also while you are in there look at the 12v water pump and check that all water/antifreeze lines into it are not kinked. We had two lines kinked to almost 90 degrees and would not have had much flow. The simple remedy was to unscrew it from the floor and rotate the whole pump 90' to straighten out all the lines.

RBrown

"Thank you" very much for the additional information regarding the converter and water pump/line connections. Was gaining access to this area in the basement "difficult" and what did it involve?