Cupboards over galley in 185

Cucina

Has anyone installed cupboards above the galley area in their 185? I find that area looks unfinished and
extra storage would be a bonus. They could be attached to the pantry on the left side and supported from below on the window side. It would not have to be very deep, maybe 9 or 10 " with a sloped back. If someone has done something like this...please send a picture and description. Thanks

MPG185-GA

I did consider cupboards, but felt as though they may "close in" the space too much. I am in the process of building an open shelf in the back. It will run from the pantry to the window. It will allow for some storage underneath and also additional shelf storage. It will allow our toaster oven (use it all the time) to sit on the new shelf directly behind the sink. I will also be relocating the two useless outlets in front of the sink. One to the back right (for toaster oven) on the new shelf and the other on the pantry side...a better fit for our usage.

Cucina

We will also be replacing our outlets with a pop-up outlet on the back of the counter. They are available from Mockett and I have used before in many kitchen designs. I know the GFI makes the original ones safe, but so awkward. Good luck with your shelf...