New Bilstein 5100s on the 2011 F350

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well I just got done switching out the fake Rancho shocks on the new 350 Dually with a set of Bilstein 5100s and I have to say, finally...this truck rides better.
Do I think it could be even better? Yes, but for the price this was a very noticeable improvement. I just don't think a 1 ton is going to ride like a big Ol' Lincoln unless one goes with an Air Ride and get rid of that big spring pack on the rear.

The biggest improvements I noticed were going over a sudden drop in the road, like a 1-2" drop in the pavement, going over large cracks and potholes and a small overall improvement in stability.

Now my old shocks only had 9,200 miles on them but when I took them off it seemed like they had over 100k. I compressed the old shock and just laid it on the tailgate and just sat and waited about 30seconds for it to stretch back out. I video'd it. I could also compress it with 1 hand, which can not be said for the new Bilsteins. I popped the strap on one and it was all I could do to push it back in to line it up on the shock mounts.

Hopefully the pics work.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

mmomega

AnyTimer
4WheelParts, I have a local store but you can get them from their website as well.
Probably best to actually call and make sure they order the right part number for the truck.

Don't cut that strap until you are ready..... and I mean ready.

Oh and here is just a quick video I did after I took one of the rear shocks off.