Bigger TV

gbshipley

I have a Bighorn 3670RL with a 32 inch flatscreen. I would like to mount a larger TV in the space. Has anyone done this? and if so how?

jimtoo

Hi gbshipley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Don't know if anyone has done this, but someone will jump in and help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Well I can tell you one thing, if the 27" TV we have in our LR goes out, my plan is to make a cabinet door for the space it occupies right now, and buy a larger TV with a stand to place on the desk in our 3055. Good luck with your modification.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a Bighorn 3670RL with a 32 inch flatscreen. I would like to mount a larger TV in the space. Has anyone done this? and if so how?

I think you may be maxed out at a 32" due to the size of the opening, unless you want it to stick out when stored. That's not really a problem if you secure it properly. We had to replace the OEM Jensen 27" that got stolen earlier this year, but went with the same size and model. I added one of their MAF-40 tilt mounts to it, which causes the TV to sit proud of the frame when stored. So I took one of the dining chair straps and installed it inside the TV area so I can secure it cross-wise, and top to bottom.

caissiel

We have a 26" TV hole in our unit and the TV is now in the Bedroom.
We installed the 32" TV we had in the previous Trailer in its place in the Living room.
It now sits in front of the cabinet and supported on the bottom with a bar build that sits on the bottom of the opening.

When we tavel I place a strap and fasten it so it will not fall of its bottom support.
We use the space behind the TV to store CD's and Other fun tuff.

In addition I have measure the area and a 40/42" TV will fit in the same area and method of support.

Bobby A

Yes there is as a matter of fact. We visited Wes and Katrina (Heartland Owners) and he put a 42 inch LED Samsung in the exact same spot as the original 32 inch LCD Samsung, and it looks great and fits perfect !! You might PM Wes and get the rest of the information from him. This is what I'm gonna do when mine finally dies. It seems the LED's are more TV in less space.
Hope this helps,

Bobby A

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is what a 26" Jensen looks like in a 2009 BH3670. There is some "wiggle" room, but putting a larger TV in there is dependent on the design of the TV. Most 32" ones that I looked up would have been tight unless they sat proud of the opening. Anything larger would not fit in there, period. In retrospect, with the extra strap I put in, I might have gotten away with a bigger one, but we really didn't need it. The photo is from last year, with the OEM mount, before it was stolen.

View attachment 16022

ralphpam

We put a 37" Visio LED in our 3670 and the only modification I needed to do was raise the mounting bracket. It nicely covers all the wires and looks great.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have the 3600RL...similar to the 3670...we were able to replace our 26" Olevia with a Vizio 37" LED Razor...covered the opening perfectly!! Had to modify the bracket slightly, but no big deal...