Any body out there towing a Key largo with a 2011 Duramax?

mikeandconnie

Hello
I'm shopping for a New Key largo and just wanted to make sure all the clearances are good towing with a 2011 3500 SRW on this couch before I buy. Has any one had any problems? Also, is the any other do or don't you can share before I order.

Thanks for any info,
Mike

danemayer

We've got a 2011 3500 SRW 4x4 CC long bed and are pulling a Rushmore, actual weight 15,000#. Tows great, handles great. Our actual pin weight is 3000#, which when you add our weight, tools, the hitch, bed cover, bed coating, fuel, matches the payload of the 3500 almost exactly. Plenty of clearance above the bed rails. With the hitch on standard factory setup and centered on it's vertical rails, the trailer nose is almost level - maybe 1/2" nose high.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I pulled our Key Largo for about 3 months with the 2007 F350 with no problems at all, with that 2011 3500 you'll be just fine. I was soooooo close to getting a GMC 3500 Denali but I got the Ford instead. GM didn't want to play ball nearly as much as Ford did..... by quite a bit. Both are sexy trucks, be sure to post some pics once you get them both together.