Question for those with a new Landmark with a backsplash behind the stove.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Ok, well our Key Largo didn't come with the glass backsplash from the dealer and we saw a Key Largo at a Heartland Rally earlier this year that had it.
The DW liked it so we had our dealer order it but long story short we were headed out on a long trip the day the backsplash came in and I just picked it up from the dealer.

It didn't have any hardware whatsoever so I'm wondering if it just installs with some good double sided tape or some sort of bracket that holds it on. Just don't want it to fall off during a trip and when I open the door I see busted glass all over the counter. I'm thinking some good 3M tape would do the trick but just checking if anyone else can tell how theirs is mounted.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
JD, ours did not come with one either. Have it on the list to order. Can you tell me if it fits right our does it need cutting? Also how much was it?

mmomega

AnyTimer
Actually after some problems with our dealer over our slam door we got the backsplash for free BUT either the cabinets or the countertop is not squared. So once I set the backsplash up it has a larger gap at one end than it does at the other end. I did it real quick when I first got it which is why I haven't mounted it yet so it has been in the garage ever since. I was just planning on taking care of it this weekend so I'll take some measurements and pics and get back with you.

LBallard

I think it is two sided tape on the backsplash. Be careful. Ours fell durring travel, luckily it did not break. I put it back in place with the same tape and applied a little extra pressure to secure it. Has not fell since.

twohappycampers

Why in the world would GLASS be used?!

That said, I'd love some input from people on what they've used as backsplash material. I want to do the kitchen and bathroom. Thanks! Lorna

bdb2047

I just did ours with glass tiles.They are 1" square used a tile setting mat on wall and grouted tiles.I have some concern if this going to work long term.Have towed about 400 miles since doing it and are O.K.Will know if it's going to be O.K. after winter trip.Bought everything at Home Depot about$60 and 3 hrs

2psnapod2

Why in the world would GLASS be used?!

That said, I'd love some input from people on what they've used as backsplash material. I want to do the kitchen and bathroom. Thanks! Lorna

Its probably tempered glass. And will work great for what its intended.

2psnapod2

Breakable, but shatters into small pieces. No large pieces to fly out and hurt anyone. Just like the glass in a car.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Not to hijack the thread, but here is what we did, with pressed tin. I showed it off at the rally, people said it looked like it came from the factory that way. It's held up with Command Adhesive strips, but it's not as heavy as glass.

E

twohappycampers

Not to hijack the thread, but here is what we did, with pressed tin. I showed it off at the rally, people said it looked like it came from the factory that way. It's held up with Command Adhesive strips, but it's not as heavy as glass.

E

That looks super! Did you just get it at a Home Depot or someplace similar? Oh, and highjack away anytime you please! :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That looks super! Did you just get it at a Home Depot or someplace similar? Oh, and highjack away anytime you please! :)
I can't recall where I got it. It was an online company, much like this: http://www.americantinceilings.com/backsplash.html but the panels I got were 24x36. I ordered 2 each (to get the 40" I needed) of 4 different ones, because I wasn't sure which pattern would look the best, and shipping was the same for 1-10 panels. I ordered the plain, unfinished tin, because it was cheaper, and sealed it with a clear polyurethane spray myself I ended up trimming the height down, to fit the scale of the kitchen better.

Hope this helps!

E