Rubber roof tear

Sakool

While cleaning roof on my Northtrail 28BRS to put it away for winter I noticed a number of small tears or slits along the edge of the roof on both sides. They mostly run a couple of inches.

It is right on the edge where it connects to the side.

I know there are things to patch holes and tears, but should I be concern that this can get worse later on. Is this something normal? It's less than a year old.

Looking for any input before I call later this week from some of you more experienced ones.

Thanks

wingfoot

While cleaning roof on my Northtrail 28BRS to put it away for winter I noticed a number of small tears or slits along the edge of the roof on both sides. They mostly run a couple of inches.

It is right on the edge where it connects to the side.

I know there are things to patch holes and tears, but should I be concern that this can get worse later on. Is this something normal? It's less than a year old.

Looking for any input before I call later this week from some of you more experienced ones.

Thanks

On a 2011:eek:...I would say it's definitely not normal..I would contact Heartland. I'll assume you are still under warranty. There are products that can be used, such as Eternabond. And yes, I would have to say it is going to get worse, since it is 2011 and already exhibiting this problem...Call Heartland at 877.262.8032..

Good luck,
Larry

pegmikef

Yeah, get it checked for sure. I had an "oops" in Colorado and tore a small section of the rubber on my 2011. Fortunately my insurance took care of it and I asked the adjustor if they were going to pay to patch it. Nope, they paid to replace the entire roof and he said they really hadn't found a good way to patch them. I now have a brand new roof with a twelve year warranty.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yeah, get it checked for sure. I had an "oops" in Colorado and tore a small section of the rubber on my 2011. Fortunately my insurance took care of it and I asked the adjustor if they were going to pay to patch it. Nope, they paid to replace the entire roof and he said they really hadn't found a good way to patch them. I now have a brand new roof with a twelve year warranty.

Wow!!! It almost pays you to scape your roof on a tree ... LOL (just joking as that is a real pita)

pegmikef

... LOL (just joking as that is a real pita)

Actually it was the most painless claim I have ever had. I called Farmers claim hotline, they hooked me up with an adjuster in Michigan, I sent him pictures of the damage, he did an estimate based on the pictures and sent me a check. I went to a local outfit that kind of specializes in insurance roof replacement, he did an estimate based on the pictures, was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than my check, replaced my roof in two days. The whole deal only took three weeks. It would have been quicker, but I wanted to have the insurance check in my hand before starting the replacement.