TrailAir Triglide Pin Box

Sandpirate69

I'm not sure if this is the spot to post on Pin Box. How difficult is it to change a standard pin box to the trailair triglide. I had mine done at the dealer, but I have a friend who wants me to help him install it. I know its approximately about 100 lbs or so. Has anyone done the change? Please advise before we start this change.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

jnbhobe

Its pretty simple, I can do mine alone on a picnic table and 3 tapered drift pins and a floor jack. But its a lot more fun with 6 guys and a case of beer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As Jon said, it's easy enough to do. A helper is a bonus when it's time to stabilize and align the trail air as you raise it into the pin box. I'm also thinking the Trail air with the tri glide jaw is in the 150# range. I made a small frame out of 2X4' lumber for a place to put the jack pad and keep the TA somewhat level.

My reason for moving it was to change the angle of the pin when it was hooked to the truck and to give me a bit more clearance for the Truxedo tonneau cover rails. I haven't hooked up to it yet but it looks like it will be much better than before.

GOTTOYS

I set mine on my tailgate on a couple blocks of wood. I raised and lowered the trailer using the front stabilizers to get the pinbox in the right place. Did it by myself but a second person would have been nice to help steady it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Its pretty simple, I can do mine alone on a picnic table and 3 tapered drift pins and a floor jack. But its a lot more fun with 6 guys and a case of beer.

With that method, it's best to have a photo of how it's SUPPOSED to look, so it doesn't end up facing the wrong way. :D