New to RV, Heartland, Bighorn

dwimberley

Dan & Connie
We will complete the purchase of a 2012 Bighorn 3610RE this week. I just found this website and wondered if anyone has an opinion on joining the club? I am located in the Houston area and thought it would be benificial to join if the club is active?

jimtoo

Hi dwimberley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You bet it's worth it...meet the other Heartland Owners at the rallies, make new friends, eat good food and if you need parts from the factory,, you get a discount.
Lots of good stuff. There is a rally in Canton coming up in Oct.. I'm sure you will get lots more replies.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Horn.

Jim M

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hello dwimberly. As Jim said, we have a rally coming up in just a couple of weeks in Canton TX at the Mill Creek Ranch Resort (Oct. 7-9). Even if you can't make this one, we will be staying at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort for the winter and will arrive there around the end of October. Drop by, we'd love to meet you.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
dwimberly, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. Texas has two chapters of our Owners Club. I'm sure they would welcome you. As said earlier, look into one of the upcoming rallies. You don't have to be a mamber to attend but I'd bet you would be afterwards. Great bunch of folks down there in TX...

hcriddle

Dwimberley, join up! This is a great group of people. I am next door to you in Cypress and try to make as many of the rallies as I can to catchup on where everyone has been. I am still working so I don't get to go as much as I would like but the rallies are a great time and the benefits of membership are more than worth the price.

dwimberley

Dan & Connie
Thanks to everyone for your replies! Sounds like a great group of folks so I will join the club. We are still doing the work thing but we hope to have time to meet everyone soon. Is the Canton rally still open with spots to rent? Canton sounds like a great shake down run for our first outing.

Spring Crossing is a stones throw from our house so JayC let us know when you get there we would love to meet you.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
dwimberly, yes we still have a couple of spaces in Canton. You're right, it will be a great place to shake down the new rig. PLenty of folks to help you look it over.

We'll be at Rayford on October 29th so come on by.