Looking for Campground recommendatons; NJ to FL

marc515

Considering a trip from NJ to FL this winter (Jan- Feb) for a couple of weeks, and am looking for some good campground recommendations for the trip down 95.

Not sure where the end point will be in FL; maybe somewhere around Venice, or somewhere in the keys.

Appreciate any insight.

Thank you

archbarb

On the florida georgia line...exit 7 GA....walkabout RV Park is good for a night...right off the interstate.A young Aussie couple bought it less than a year ago and are really cleaning it up and doing a nice job...nice folks...passport america. If you are heading to the keys...Treasure Coast RV in Ft. Pierce was a great overnight cause it was just off 95 and just before the Fl. Turnpike...a great no hassle overnighter.
Barb

Rrloren

Where is your start point and how many miles do you expect to run each day?
Have made the trip numerous times and can offer suggestions if you know your approx. stopping points.

marc515

Starting point is Ocean County NJ; Not sure about how many miles we would run each day; would think somewhere in the range of 350 to around 400- Open to suggestions.

Thank you

SGeohagan

I highly recommend Bass Lake Campgorund in Dillon, SC. It's right off exit 93 on I-95. Run by friendly british couple, Guy & Julie. Accepts Passport America. Harbor Freight distribution center just a few miles away.

cashb

Hanna Park in Jacksonville Fla. Beautiful beach, wooded campground with 50 amp. Jetty Park, Cape canaveral Fla. Beautiful beach! Cocoa Beach right around corner with good shops, eats, etc. 50 amp. Jonathan Dickenson state park, Hobe Sound Fla. Beautifully wooded, canoes, great tour boat on Loxahatchee River! All close to I95!