A little help w/our ordered Sundance 2997BHS ... Please

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
Scott (or whoever is answering "Ask the Factory"),

We ordered a Sundance 2997BHS (hopefully it’s going to arrive right after Memorial Weekend). I'm trying to get a list from our dealer and/or Kevin (at Heartland) as to what our unit is coming with that's considered "Standard", not the options that we ordered (that part I know). What I mean is ... while talking with Kevin @ Heartland, it sounds like the Sundance units (or maybe just the 2997BHS?) went through some changes and the current 2007 brochure and website don't match what you’re building.

Examples: we're getting a Fantastic Fan as an option and it wasn't listed anywhere; we're getting the "trundle bed" in the bunk house (as the standard, not an option) though the website and brochure still show it as a sofa bed and your website doesn't show the 2998RB model.

I’m looking for the stuff that's printed in the brochure and what I can glean from the photos in the brochure, things like:
  • Is the floor framing still aluminum under the bath/bedroom area?
  • Is the power cord still attached using the "mouse hole" style door, or is it now a "MarineCo" style detachable power cord?
  • The Fantastic Fan that we ordered, does it have the rain sensor?
  • Are there really any differences between the "early" 2007's and the one that your building for us right now?
Really, I'm looking for any info that I can get so there will be less "surprises" when we pick up our camper.

Also, the fact that the factory responds in this forum, is one of the major reasons why we're pruchasing a Sundance instead of a Cardinal or Cedar Creek.

Thank you for your help,
John

fishn2dmax

Johnm,

Congratulations on the new 2997. I have some of the same questions ( floor framing, fantastic fan) on a 3012RE we have on order?

I'm sure Scott will provide the answers you / we seek.

G.S.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
John, congrats on your 2997, the bath deck is now wood and is insulated(nice warm floor) the difference 07 & 08 is the 08 has metal ball bearing drawer gluides,upgraded rear chairs, new graphics,double luan(sidewalls) the fantastic fan i will have to check with Kevin he pulled some strings in the plant and had it installed, i will check to see the type.the power cord is the mouse hole, call kevin i have some photos of the bed in the bunk - thanks John

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
John,

This may sound bad since I should know what I'm getting but ... it sounds like I'm getting an '08 and not an '07 and what are double luan sidewalls?

I know I'm probably reaching here, but you wouldn't happen to have a delivery date for our unit ... would you? It's going to Ballards Camping Center in Hamburg, NY.

Thanks very much for your help!

John

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
John you are getting a 2008 Sundance, the double luan has less telegraphing of the seams and studs in the wall. The pinched rolled process tends to show the studs as it goes through the machine (it's like grandma's old ringer washer, when it goes through the ringer) it does make the wall stronger with two layers (same process as the higher line products) but really it is the look. Your Unit comes off line on 5/25/07. i know you are really going to enjoy your new Sundance. Thanks and great camping - Pics of your trip with the family are great to share!!!!! John - Sundance Product manager

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
John,

Thank you again. And, you have no idea how excited we are about this camper! In print, it has everything we've been looking for (I just hope it's the same in person).

Any word on the fan type?

John