Sundance 2700RL

jdlayton

Just took delivery of 2008 on 16 May So far very happy with it will know better when I make my first trip next week if it ever stops raining. Have a question when I operate sideout both in and out there is a loud noise like gears grinding when it comes to a stop, my other 5'er didn't do it so what am I doing wrong holding switch too long? Would like any opinons as to what is causing the noise. Thankyou

jbeletti

Doesn't sound right. I'd say have it looked at by your dealer or some other service center. Also consider calling Heartland Customer Service at 574-262-8030.

Jim

JJAK17

I think I know what you are talking about. Both my main slide and bedroom slide makes a similiar type noise. I wouldnt describe it as gears grinding but more of a clunking type sound when the slide is all the way in or all the way out. I asked the dealer and I was told that it was "normal". It sounds like to me that the gear drive is just at its max. I dont think my noise is something that is wrong or broken. Since both slides make the same exact noise.
What do other owners think?

We have the 08 Sundance 2900MK. When the slides are fully in it goes thunk thunk thunk. At that point I release the switch. Our former 5er, a Laredo did the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it, it just means it is fully in and to release the switch.

Forrest Fetherolf

The clunking when the slide is fully in or out could be a safety clutch override to prevent burning out the electric slide motor or breaking gears if the switch is not released as soon as the slide is fully in or out. On my BigHorn the hydraulic pump will screech when the slides are fully in or out. The screech is nothing more than a hydraulic bipass valve working to keep parts from being damaged.

Forrest

jdlayton

In regard to the noise I hear when my Slideout is fully extended or all the way in, the noise I hear according to my dealer is a clutch on motor which slips to prevent over extending or retraction of slideout a kind of safety device I guess. So won't worry about it;)