ATF: North Country - Water Leak into front bedroom

poosu

On our second cross country trip we towed through a steady rain at 50-60 mph for 3 hours. When we got ready for bed we found clothes on the shelf of the right closet and material in the cubby at the head of the bed quite damp. No noticeable water anywhere. We don't store any liquids in that area. This appears to be a leak in the seams on the front of the unit although as a relative newbie I don't know that. The questions are:
Does the interior paneling need to be removed to dry the area out?
How should the seams be sealed?
The trailer is a 2010 NorthCountry 27 bhs

Zeman

I'm going to take a guess that it is the seam where the front cap overlaps onto the roof. Mine leaked @ this spot. Don't know how this seam is sealed(yours) at the factory but mine barely had enough caulk to span the joint. IF yours is sealed with the self leveling Dicor you might have to really search and run some water on the roof. My issue was obvious as the caulk was separated from cap and roof. The more I read the more it seems a lot of 2010 TT's leaking............. I repaired mine with Eternabond.............so far no leaks. Good luck.

poosu

I'm going to take a guess that it is the seam where the front cap overlaps onto the roof. Mine leaked @ this spot. Don't know how this seam is sealed(yours) at the factory but mine barely had enough caulk to span the joint. IF yours is sealed with the self leveling Dicor you might have to really search and run some water on the roof. My issue was obvious as the caulk was separated from cap and roof. The more I read the more it seems a lot of 2010 TT's leaking............. I repaired mine with Eternabond.............so far no leaks. Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I didn't look at that joint. I quess from your reply that you did not need to remove any interior paneling to dry it out

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
While your on the roof. Make sure that the upper marker lites are sealed well. They have been known to leak inside the front cap also.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
poosu, just as a point of information. You should never travel with any roof vents open....even if you have covers over them. With a vent open...there will be a vacumn created inside the coach while moving. You won't believe how much dust can be sucked into your coach and maybe even water thru openings in the underbelly or anywhere there is a opening in the floor for wiring etc.. Just saying.