Elkridge Models

Jimmoyer

We are just beginning to look at 5th Wheel RVs and know very little, however, the Elkridge got our attention this past weekend. (Model 34TSRE particularly) We have never owned an RV and are considering one as we plan on retiring in the spring and want to go traveling and this seems like the way to go. Any comments on the Eldridge would be appreciated and any other information you would like to pass on for newcomers would also be greatly appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi Jimmoyer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The Elkridge is a very popular model of the Heartland RV's line. It is one of the lighter weight units also. I'm sure some of our Elkridge owners will jump in and help you with the information your looking for.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

B

bwwalczak

Heartland is extremely proud of the ElkRidge brand. No other 5th wheel offers the same value as ElkRidge. If you have any specific questions regarding your local dealer please do not hesitate to contact any of us here at Heartland - 574-266-8726.

Crumgater

We love our ElkRidge!

We just got back from 9 days and 2000 miles... we took it from Seattle to Salt Lake City (where UW beat Utah in Football), then Bend Oregon for a few days and back home.

Our 9 days took us from 200 ft elevation up to 4,000ft (via passes in the 6,000's) and back down again... and from 95F heat in Salt Lake to 30F at night in Bend. We ran the A/C in Salt Lake and the furnace in Bend. All systems ran great the whole time.

It's a great RV!

Now, it's been cleaned and prepped for our next event - the home Football game in Seattle next weekend (UW vs Colorado).

This is our first trailer of any sort. We upgraded from a truck slide-in camper last year. The 5th wheel is great to pull around - we went though some gusty wind conditions along the Columbia Gorge and never felt more that a little wiggle in the rig (the truck camper would have been rockin'!). We do like the power of the F350 diesel pulling the rig - and we put it to the test on some of the hills in Oregon. We actually 'popped' the turbo going up one hill... but that's a different story. We let the truck rest, hit a 'reset' button we found on the air filter, and all was good in the world again. (This is our first diesel, too.)

-Tina

olcoon

We picked up our 27RLSS on 04-17-10. During the first year we had some issues...nothing really major, but they were frustrating. Now that the warranty has expired, we've been scared that something would happen. But "so far", nothing. On June 12 we headed out to the national rally in Goshen, IN. We stayed a couple of days extra to get some goodies installed by Lippert. The day before we were to leave we got hired to work camp near Colorado Springs. Made a flying trip home (KC) got home on the 22 & left on the 24th. Spent the summer work camping, we lived in it for about 4 months with only a couple of minor problems. On that trip, we logged almost 3800 miles, with almost 11,400 total miles on it. All things taken into consideration, we are happy with the rig. We lived in it all summer with only 275 sq ft, and didn't shoot each other. Just DW, her cat, & I & we spend a lot of time outside & on day trips.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We are just finishing our first year with our 34 QSRL and love it. We have had no problems other than a small bubble on the roof and our dealer took care of it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have had our 2010 34QSRL for 1yr 8 mo. We have had our share of "adventures" as we've pulled it around Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Arkansas and recently Oklanoma. If we ever go full time, our next rig will be a bit more equipped, such as the Big Horn or Landmark that are approved by Heartland for full-timing. However, for 8-10 a year, weekend and week long trips we take, we love our ElkRidge! It is the best choice out there for it's price-point. E

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
just finished our second year with the 34qsrl. a few minor things after first trip and nothing since. totally agree with traveltiger that if fulltiming I might want more equipment, but for the price point you aren't going to beat the Elk Ridge

jimpav

Great units, great value! The only thing that should be improved(and that goes for all OEM's) is better pest (mouse) intrusion defense. Winter storage outside (and perhaps even inside) makes a nice place for the other residents to take occupancy. Although the factory tries to do a good job in sealing openings, a can of sealing foam and a good flashlight will go along way to help. There are many openings that are not sealed, especially behind the panels in the pass thru where the PVC drain lines connect to the tanks. I could just see the little monsters (sorry Lady Ga Ga) looking for a nice warm place for the winter. Aside from getting a cat or moving South for the winter, all one can do is to remove all food of any kind, put bounce dryer sheets everywhere, and hope for the best. It's really a pain to have to wash all your dishes and things when you open the trailer in the spring and find mouse turds in all the drawers.

Owenfamily

Hello Jim,

We just bought a new 34TSRE ElkRidge a few months ago. We looked at several units and several dealers as well. We found the Elkridge to have a lot of nice things for the price. Any RV no matter the cost can and will have some type of problems. It is like buying a house. You can buy a 100,000 home then go buy a 200,000 home and they are built by the same people for the most part. If you are into fancy things then you may want to look at getting an higher end RV. We are not fancy people in our househould. Another thing to keep in mind is that you can always add things here and there if you want. I know it may be a little bit of a pain to some but others don't mind doing that. If you have any questions about this unit I will be more then glad to answer them as best as I can. I sugesst you go look at everything. We first like the big country or big born (Can't recall which one) but the wife fell in love with it then she saw this elkridge and liked it as well. Let us know what you end up getting.

We are just beginning to look at 5th Wheel RVs and know very little, however, the Elkridge got our attention this past weekend. (Model 34TSRE particularly) We have never owned an RV and are considering one as we plan on retiring in the spring and want to go traveling and this seems like the way to go. Any comments on the Eldridge would be appreciated and any other information you would like to pass on for newcomers would also be greatly appreciated.

Jimmoyer

Hi Owen's,
Thanks so much for your information about the Elkridge. We have been looking for many months and have liked the Big Horn then we saw the Elkridge and thought it a better value for our first unit, not knowing for sure we would like 5th wheeling. Glad you are enjoying your unit, in the future I may take you up on your offer as we get closer to making a decision. Thanks again.

Hello Jim,

We just bought a new 34TSRE ElkRidge a few months ago. We looked at several units and several dealers as well. We found the Elkridge to have a lot of nice things for the price. Any RV no matter the cost can and will have some type of problems. It is like buying a house. You can buy a 100,000 home then go buy a 200,000 home and they are built by the same people for the most part. If you are into fancy things then you may want to look at getting an higher end RV. We are not fancy people in our househould. Another thing to keep in mind is that you can always add things here and there if you want. I know it may be a little bit of a pain to some but others don't mind doing that. If you have any questions about this unit I will be more then glad to answer them as best as I can. I sugesst you go look at everything. We first like the big country or big born (Can't recall which one) but the wife fell in love with it then she saw this elkridge and liked it as well. Let us know what you end up getting.

philhyde

If we ever go full time, our next rig will be a bit more equipped, such as the Big Horn or Landmark that are approved by Heartland for full-timing.

We are currently full-timing in a 25' TT and looking to upgrade (upon sale of our house which is about to close). That's great to hear that Heartland "approves" certain models for full-timing, however I don't believe either one of those brands have models which fit our needs. Specifically, a bunk house.

Elk Ridge really makes a nice model, the 36QBCK, which we are looking at.

Anyone full-timing in an Elk Ridge?

JJOren

We had a 27RLSS. Can't say enough good about that unit!!!! The only reason we don't still have it is we decided we needed more room to do some full timing. Ending up moving up to a Landmark! Far as we're concerned the value point in the Elkridge is unmatched anywhere!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I feel like it would be easy to full-time in an ElkRidge, its a solid rig with nice amenities. It's definitely our home away from home! However, others are better equipped for full-time use. (better insulation, more capacity tanks, more organized central dock, more options for inclimate weather.)

If there is a feature you want, (like the Yeti cold weather package) don't hesitate to ask if it can be added during the build process!

Erika

PUG

Pug
If you are serious about 5th wheeling purchase as large as one as you can. You see many people buy one and say this is big enough and the next year what do they do is buy a larger one and the next and the next. It will save you money in the long run.

MdMike

We just bought our first 5th wheel, a 2011 29BHCK at a really good price. WE came from a 27 ft BunkHouse TT and conceded a sleeping (giving up a dinette in lieu of a table/chairs) but we think we will be very happy with our purchase. Our first outing is this weekend from the Baltimore area to Gettysburg Pa. for the "Apple Festival" held just east of Gettysburg. Looking forward to our virgin outing!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on your new 5th wheel. You will love it.
Have fun in Gettysburg.

Peace
Dave