Fantastic Fan Operation

Pulltab

I know it sounds simple doesn"t it? But the thermostat that is installed to operate the fan seems to be backwards. Now the thermostat is merely a Normally closed or normally open depending on the position of the lever. Well this one close"s engergizing the fan when you turn it to off. It is backwards. What is up with that? Has the wrong thermostat been used with the fan or is there something I don"t understand? I can tell you I understand the word "Off" and that word does not mean the fan coming on. :mad: Being the thermostat makes the final connection to energize switching the wires would make no difference.

jpmorgan37

Hi Pulltab;
You will probably get an answer from the factory next week, but in the meantime, you may be able to find the answer here. http://www.fantasticvent.com/ I know that mine works correctly in automatic and that I can manually adjust the speed/temperature setting the way I want.
Hope this helps,
John

Pulltab

Thanks for the reply John, I will wait till next week for a response. I have been to their site and downloaded the manual for the fan but did not find any info on the thermostat. We can still use it but not as expected.

Pulltab

Ok, I may have mis spoke some on the thermostat, if you turn it all the way to the left it will turn off and all the way to the right it will not open, so I am assuming it works like it is air conditioning. Set it at 50 and it will open and try to keep the air at 50 (of course it can't do it unless it is 50 outside :) ). Set it at 80 and I assume it will not open at any temp above 80. Does this sound right in my thinking? Guess my brain is fading away:(

Sol

Pulltab said:
Ok, I may have mis spoke some on the thermostat, if you turn it all the way to the left it will turn off and all the way to the right it will not open, so I am assuming it works like it is air conditioning. Set it at 50 and it will open and try to keep the air at 50 (of course it can't do it unless it is 50 outside :) ). Set it at 80 and I assume it will not open at any temp above 80. Does this sound right in my thinking? Guess my brain is fading away:(

You have achieved right thinking, lol.

Per Fan-Tastic Vent Model 2000T and 2000TS website (pdf file)-

"Set your interior temperature on the wall mounted thermostat between 60 degrees F and 90 degrees F. When interior ambient temperature is warmer than thermostat setting, the dome opens automatically and the fan blade turns on to the pre-selected speed. When the cabin cools below the thermostat setting, the dome closes and the fan blade turns off."

Also note - "Maximum airflow will be achieved through one slightly opened window only."

Last edited:

Pulltab

Thanks Sol, I don't know how I missed that as I scoured their site on saturday night. :) Thanks for the quote.