PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

davebennington
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
8804 Hamilton Road, Pine Mountain,, GA 31822-4711 Venue: ------------------------------

Southeastern Regional Rally
8804 Hamilton Road
Pine Mountain,, GA 31822
Judy or Chelsea 706.663.4329
http://www.pinemountain.rvcoutdoors.com/
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0.00
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0.00

Details: ------------------------------

Number of sites held: 50
Site fee: depending on the number of attendees, starting at $44.95 for every 10 attendees the price per rig drops by $3.00. So if we have 40 rigs the rate is $ 32.95 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: 20.00
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 5/4/2012
Potluck time: 6.00 PM

Event Leader: davebennington(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=46)

Additional Info: ------------------------------ Contact: Dave Yocum (davebennington) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be sure to register with the resort and then post a Reply to this Thread that you are coming so Contact: Dave Yocum (davebennington) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the first official Southeastern Regional Rally. We have 50 sites reserved and they will be held open until April 2nd 2012. All the sites are paved and have full hookups and cable. This RV resort is beautiful and is located about 10 miles off I-185 in Georgia. Becky and Chelsea our contact points have been great in filling our needs for this event. The Park requires a 1 night deposit and will refund based in the number of attendees that attend. If you wish to come earlier or stay longer than the rally they will honor the rally rate. The facilities at Pine Mountain are really nice. Some of the area highlights are: Callaway Gardens, Wild Animal Safari, Butts Mill Farm, FDR Park. We will have a potluck dinner Friday evening at 6 pm. A catered dinner will be held on Saturday night with entertainment following. A Breakfast will be available on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Saturday Lunch will be on your own. Be sure to register with the resort and then post a Reply to this Thread that you are coming so we can add you to list. Attendees: ------------------------------
1. Dave Yocum (davebennington) & Julie Hancock (clubmgr) – VA – Site #113 – HOC # 1006
2. Larry Bandstra (SouthernNights) & Samatha Brandstra (MrsSouthernNights) – SC - HOC # 1226
3. Dick & Debbie Hazel (dick12444) – VA- HOC # 1279
4. Bernie & Judi Verhey (happykraut) - Mo - HOC # 1958
5. Pat & Charles Shermon (psherman1) - FL - HOC # 2037
6. Tom & Sue Johnson (tomj) - VA - HOC # 1441
7. Terrell & Carol Stanley (TandC) -GA - HOC # 2016
8. Randy & Santha Allen (randy) - GA - HOC # 1112
9. Dick & Reta Hill (hillsonwheels) - FL - HOC # 1068
10. Ed & Barbara Rauch (brauch) - NC - HOC # 1709
11. Eric & Dorothy van Optsal (Flying Dutchman) - VA - HOC # 1202
12. Jim & Nancy Beletti (jbeletti)- TN - HOC # 1001
13. Fran & Dick Bernard (rodbuster) - FL - HOC # 2074
14. Marv & Karen Osborne (Smokeybare)- GA- Hoc # 1037
15. Paul & Sue Alfano (Alf) - WI - Hoc # 1560
16. Nathan & Byrd Mathis (nabo) - TN - HOC # 1298
17. Mickey & Bonnie Meredith (mickey) - FL - HOC # 1249
18. Ken & Faye Hyde (krhyde) - KY - HOC # 2061
19. Joe & Linda Shejbal (Shejbal) - GA -HOC # 1812
20. George & Michele Lewis (george,lewis!!!) - GA - HOC # 2051
21. Ron & Ann Parrish (navyax1) - GA - HOC # 1158
22. Mike & Maureen Woodard (wood297) - FL HOC # 2105
23. George & AnnaMarie Polacek (gpolac) - GA HOC # 1674

archbarb
09-27-2011, 05:30 PM
This sounds like a winner to us...we're going to try to get our act together and be there!
Barb

Nabo
09-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Got a put this on the books!!!

Flying Dutchman
09-27-2011, 09:02 PM
O-Boy, another rally!!;) Good thing I just received a 2012 calendar so I can plan all of our rally stops. It is already starting to fill up but this is the first May entry.:cool:

davebennington
09-28-2011, 06:44 AM
I think the first Southeast Regional Rally will be a hit as the location is convenient for everyone and has some nice local attractions.

Dave

Randy
09-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Dave & Julie, Santha and I will be there. Gives us another excuse to visit Callaway Gardens.
Randy, Santha & the Poodles

Jim & Harriet
10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Guess it is time to start making a 2012 rally plan...

davebennington
10-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Randy and Santha,

Glad you are going to make it to the rally, the Callaway Gardens are interesting place to see and visit.

dave

davebennington
10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Jim,

The 2012 plans are in place now if anyone knows they are going to attend the Southeastern rally the Pine Mountain folks are taking reservations now, just make sure that you tell them you are with the Heartland group.

Dave

camperjohn08
10-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Love to go.. but My wife would shoot me "IF" I signed us up for this one.. We will be in Hawaii about the very same week..I guess that's about saids it all folks..
John

davebennington
10-19-2011, 06:49 AM
John,

If I had to choose between Pine Mountain, GA and Hawaii I believe I would choose Hawaii also. We will miss you anyway.

Dave

SouthernNights
10-19-2011, 09:19 AM
We will make reservations by the end of the month. Just tell us what we need to do to help Dave.

klindgren
10-19-2011, 09:27 AM
We will make reservations by the end of the month. Just tell us what we need to do to help Dave.
Oh sure, you'll sign up to go to Georgia but not come to Virginia later in the month! I see how you are!!:):):D

SouthernNights
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh sure, you'll sign up to go to Georgia but not come to Virginia later in the month! I see how you are!!:):):D

Boy you're quick.:rolleyes:

klindgren
10-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Boy you're quick.:rolleyes:

Glad you recognize that. I may be dumb but I ain't a complete idiot!! :p

SouthernNights
10-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Glad you recognize that. I may be dumb but I ain't a complete idiot!! :p

That was a good chuckle! :D:D:eek:

davebennington
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Larry & Sam,

At this rally there is not alot to do as we will be close to the building, and we will not need golf carts to get around. But thanks for the offer as time progresses I will find something for you to do.LOL

Dave

bandtrenn
10-20-2011, 08:44 PM
This sound like a really good place to have a May rally. Could someone give us some information about the rallys? They sound like alot of fun and we are new to the club and would like to attend.

jimtoo
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi bandtrenn,

The information for registration is in the first post of the thread. A Heartland Owners rally is a place where you will meet other Heartland owners and make some of the best friends and eat the best food there is. You will have a great time.

Also think of joining the Heartland Owners Club. Check out the information on the portal page.

Jim M

davebennington
10-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi bandtrenn,,

After you enter the forum just click on the "events" tag and scroll down to the Pine Mountain Georgia entry, then go to post number 1 and you will find all about the rally there.

Dave

dick12444
10-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Three times I've called to make a reservation and have left a message.No returned calls yet.
Dick Hazel

davebennington
10-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Dick,

I spoke with Chelsea and they are working shorthanded right now, they hope to be caught up soon.

I will give her another call and reminder her to call you. Do you want her to call you home or cell?

Dave

davebennington
11-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Has anyone else had a problem registering with the Pine Mountain team? I understand they have some of their help back now.

Dave

happykraut
11-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Not sure what happened here, but I posted and my post went in to lala land. Anyway, my wife Judi and I will attend.

SouthernNights
11-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Has anyone else had a problem registering with the Pine Mountain team? I understand they have some of their help back now.

Dave

Going to call them next and let you know Dave.

happykraut
11-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered earlier and on the first call the connection was so bad that I couldn't understand a word. I told her to call me back. She didn't. On the second call to her, I got put on hold, but eventually I was able to register. She said she was very busy.

davebennington
11-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Bernie & Judi,

Happy to hear that you registered OK, I understand they have been very busy,

dave

davebennington
11-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Larry,

were you able to get through and register OK? If you had any problems please let me know.

dave

SouthernNights
11-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Larry,

were you able to get through and register OK? If you had any problems please let me know.

dave

Dave, got through with no problems but Becky or Chelsea were not there. I will call back on Monday.

SouthernNights
11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Reservations made Dave with Becky. No problems.:) See you there.

davebennington
11-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Larry,

Glad you got registered OK, looking forward to putting on this Regional Rally.

davebennington
12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I just received an update of who has signed up for the South Eastern Rally at Pine Mountain, (See post number 1). I am working on the agenda and hope to have it ready as soon as I verify a couple of things.

dave

davebennington
12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi All,

I need some help, there are 2 people that have sign up for the rally at Pine Mountain and I do not recognize their names, So if you are these folks or if you know them please send me a PM or email so I can finish filling all of the information.

Patricia Sherman and Tom Johnson

Thanks

dave

psherman1
12-20-2011, 09:49 PM
After we got back from Brunswick GA trip and having met all of the wonderful people, we called and made our reservations. Had no problem at all, got it done and got it confirmed. They said they did not have all the info yet from Heartland Owners Club, but I have been put on the list for them.

davebennington
12-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Pat,

Thank you for getting back to us. The folks at Pine Mountain gave me your registration information however they did not have you Heartland information. I will now be able to update Pine Mountain listing.

dave

ALF
12-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Well, we have not made reservations yet but it looks as if we will be in Georgia by the time this Rally is taking place! So, we plan on being there also as it will be only about 50 minutes from our new HOME of Newnan, GA! :D We are looking forward to making new HOC friends...to add to our group of friends from Our Wisconsin Chapter. We are still keeping their Rally on our agenda!
We may actually be living out of our Bighorn for a while; time will tell! See y'all soon!

Paul and Sue

davebennington
12-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Paul & Sue,

Welcome to the South East Region. Come on down and join us for a great rally. Once you have registered let me know so I can keep track of who is going to attend.

Looking forward to meeting both of you.

d.

davebennington
12-28-2011, 07:17 AM
With the potluck scheduled for Friday night, I need a volunteer to coordinate this event. If anyone is interested please contact me and we can put a plan together.

thanks

d.

jbeletti
12-28-2011, 08:15 AM
... it will be only about 50 minutes from our new HOME of Newnan, GA! :D...

Congrats Paul and Sue. Looking forward to seeing you more often. I think I need a pizza refresher course, here in Crossville, Tn :)

TandC
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi Y'all,
It was good to meet folks at the Brunswick Rally (Oct 11).
I called today (1-2-12) and made our reservations for the rally in Pine Mountain.
No problem getting in touch with Chelsea at Pine Mountain. We'll arrive 2 May and
leave ~9 May. We'll be in site #123.
Looking forward to seeing y'all.

davebennington
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Terrell,

Happy to see that you are going to be at Pine Mountain. Thanks for the PM.

I added you to the list of attendees.

d.

davebennington
01-06-2012, 07:47 AM
We are at the Pine Mountain, Ga campground the site of the Southeastern Rally to try to tie up a few loose ends and make sure everything is in place and ready for the rally. The folks at the campground have done an excellent job in getting ready for us.

Yesterday we went to FDR's Little White House but it was too late to do the tour, we will go back today and also try to visit Callaway Gardens before moving on to Tampa for the RV show.

d.

clubmgr
01-07-2012, 10:32 AM
As Dave said, we stopped off at Pine Mountain on the way down to Tampa after spending New Years at MB. Had a great time with some of my favorite people! Got a new coffee pot (thanks, Gus and Debra) and visited with some old friends from the area. SOB's bless their hearts!

Anyway, I'm glad we came over here from MB. It really is a lovely campground! The sites are large and flat and pull-thru with concrete pads. There is a salt-water pool and a spa and a huge kiddie pool with one of those water umbrellas. Wish it was warmer (make that a lot warmer) so I could get in it. I've always wanted to try a salt-water pool. For small children there are swings and slides. For fur kids there are two "bark parks".

The activity building where we will will be having our pot luck is huge and one of the best I have seen. It is a temperature controlled metal building with garage doors on two sides, so we can be indoors if it's cold and outdoors if it's warm. There is a kitchen, a/c and heaters.

Pine Mountain is not really in what I would call mountains, NOT AT ALL like Cherokee, thank goodness! It's an easy drive, mostly on interstates, and the campground is easy in, easy out.

Got to wash dishes, Randy and Santha are coming by and we are going to explore. More on that later.

davebennington
01-08-2012, 08:39 AM
We had a pleasant visit yesterday, Randy and Santha (Ga Chapter Leaders) stopped by the campground, We spent the day at FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs, GA. This would be a good place to tour during the rally in May.
Lunch at a local restaurant was not as good as one of the locals said it was going to be.

However all in all it was a good day spent with friends and very educational.

d.

Randy
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
It was great to see Dave & Julie on Saturday and spend the day with them. As David said it was good to
have friends because the food was not that good. Ask us at the rally about the name.
We registered and will be in 107. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

ATLJOHN
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Sorry Dave we cannot make this rally. Wish we could because we had such a great time last years rally.

davebennington
01-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Altjohn,

Sorry you will not be at the rally, we will miss you. Maybe we can see you at another Southeast Rally.

Dave

brauch
01-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi Dave.....We are mapping out our rally calendar and hope to be able to attend this regional rally. Will let you know soon.
Happy New Year to you and Julie.

davebennington
01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Ed & Barb,

We hope you can make to the rally. The area is really nice, with lots of things to do.

d.

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Dave,

The Hills will arrive at Pine Mountain on 3 May and depart on 7 May. Our site is #106. Good to see you to in FL. Hope all goes well before the S.E. rally. Safe trippin'!!!

Dick

davebennington
01-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Dick,

Happy to hear that you will be joining us.

I was on the phone with Callaway Gardens folks yesterday getting updated on some of the things they have to offer. I will post an update later as to what is available and how much they will cost us.

d.

Randy
01-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Dave, Dick Hill is kind of a problem when He goes anywhere. Reta is the saving grace in that marriage.
Just tellin like it is. We still kind of like him. Did I say that? Randy, Santha and the Poodles

davebennington
01-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Randy,

I understand Dick can be a problem child, but we do put up with him because Reta is so nice. LOL

d.

jbeletti
01-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Randy,I understand Dick can be a problem child, but we do put up with him because Reta is so nice. LOLd.That, and his peppers are awesome!We love you Dick - you know that :)

davebennington
01-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Here are a couple of updates from Callaway Gardens, If you are active or retired military admission is free and everyone in the vehicle is admitted free.

I have identified several things that maybe of interest to the folks that are planning to attend the rally and then go to Callaway Gardens.

First: Golf
The green for the Mountain View course are $100.00,per person plus tax Golf Cart included.
and for the Lake View course they are $80.00,per person plus tax Golf Cart included.
Military does get a 40% discount on their golf. Tee times must be made in advance.

Second: Fishing
The fishing at Callaway Gardens is great and a fishing license is NOT required.
For anyone who is interested they have a fly fishing class and the cost for half day,
class is $195.00 for 2 people. There is a full day of class is $295.00 for 2 people.
If you are interested in the fly fishing class let me know as they need a 2 to 3 week notice.

Third:
They have a tree top adventure. Tree Top Adventure Rates: 1-9 people $33.10, 10-16 people $ 27.75, 17- or more people $24.54 Prior reservations required.

Bike rentals: $40.00 deposit, Half Day $21.40 plus tax, Full day $37.45 plus tax, Military does get a 25% discount.

For the folks who do not wish to visit Calaway Gardens FDR's Little White House is not very far away and it to is a pleasant place to see.

davebennington
01-24-2012, 01:08 PM
For anyone planning to go to Callaway Gardens and participate in any of the events I need to know so I can make reservations. Email or PM me with your interests.

Any one who would like to go to FDR's little White House reservations are not required.

dave

brauch
01-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Reservations are made.
As of now, we are scheduled to arrive on Thursday 5/3 (may change to 5/2) and stay until Monday 5/7...site #122.

davebennington
01-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Ed and Barbara,

Glad you can make it to the rally. I believe it will be a good one.

dave

Rodbuster
01-30-2012, 01:21 PM
We just made our reservations at Pine Mountain. This will be our very first rally and are really looking forward to it. We will be in site #134.

Fran & Dick Bernard
New Smyrna Beach, FL
HOC #2074

Flying Dutchman
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
We are following the Hill's and the peppers (not to mention sausage gravy) so we aim to be there. Will arrive 5/4 and specific site was not given. Sure am glad that we depend on a calendar 'cause otherwise I wouldn't know where I'm supposed to be.:confused: Sure sign of getting older.:p

hillsonwheels
01-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Who the heck is the Flying Dutchman :confused: and what could he ever possibly know about peppers or SAUSAGE GRAVY :confused:?? Oh! I remember, he's the one who goes thru the line more than one time when there is sausage gravy and "bistix"........come on down and name that tune.

Dick

davebennington
02-01-2012, 09:23 AM
We could not have a rally without the "President and First Lady" of Rallyhaloics present. Happy to see all of you can make it to the rally.

dave

jbeletti
02-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Dave,

The Belettis are coming! We arrive 1-May and depart 7-May.

See you there!

Jim

Flying Dutchman
02-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Who the heck is the Flying Dutchman :confused: and what could he ever possibly know about peppers or SAUSAGE GRAVY :confused:?? Oh! I remember, he's the one who goes thru the line more than one time when there is sausage gravy and "bistix"........come on down and name that tune.

Dick

The only thing I need to know is 'where' and 'when' the peppers or the sausage gravy are being served. From then on it is the natural satisfaction of the taste buds as each bite and morsel is savored and enjoyed. Kudo's to Dick Hill for the best stuffed jalapeno peppers ever, and even more so for his lovely bride that prepares biscuits and gravy to die for. Now that's something worthwhile to " ... name that tune".:p

davebennington
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I think the best time for having peppers and sausage gravy, will be Friday evening or Saturday lunch. Better yet maybe if we can all get to the campground early in the week we can have a special cookout.

dave

davebennington
02-03-2012, 07:22 AM
I will need shirt sizes for everyone who plans to attend. The shirts this time will be gender generic. You can PM or E-mail me that would be great so I can place the order.

dave

clubmgr
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Thought you might to know about some of the things to do in and around Pine Mountain. There is so much to do that I will be posting multiple times.

Dave has already told you about the big attraction in Pine Mountain: Callaway Gardens. This 13,000 acre paradise is the vision of one man who wanted to connect man with nature. Your first stop should be the Discovery Center which offers exhibits and displays about all there is to do at the Gardens. While we were there in January we saw the free-flight Birds of Prey Shows. Pretty awesome!!! We also visited the Butterfly Center which was toasty warm in January. Come May much will be in bloom, so it should be a beautiful place. If it's warm enough, there is a sand beach. There is golf on a world-class course. There is fishing in the lakes. No license required. If you are a fan of zip-lines there is the new Tree-Top Adventure which has a series of short zip lines through the trees. There are bicycles for rent and lovely winding trails to ride them on. That is just a brief overview. This link will give you more information. (http://www.callawaygardens.com)

Pine Mountain has lots of little shops, all locally owned, which sell all kinds of things. The work of local artists and craftsmen is often for sale. Restaurants are mostly casual and should appeal to most folks. Chipley Historical Center is a small museum of the area's heritage. Admission is free. Click here for a Pine Mountain website (http://www.pinemountain.org).

Two attractions very close to downtown Pine Mountain are Butts Mill Farm and Wild Animal Safari. Both would be fun for children.

Butts Mill Farm is a restored 80-acre farm where you can see a fully operational farm. There is a petting farm, miniature golf, kiddie train rides, water slide, pony rides and the list goes on and on. Try this link if you are interested. (http://www.buttsmillfarm.com) There is a Cafe and a deli, too.

Wild Animal Safari is a 500 acre park where the animals roam freely and was selected as one of 10 places to go on safari in the US by USA Today. You can tour on a park vehicle or drive your own vehicle. See this link.
(http://www.animalsafari.com)
Next posts will be about some very interesting thing to do in the area.

clubmgr
02-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Here's some more stuff to do in and around Pine Mountain.

If you have to go to Walmart, it is in LaGrange about 15 miles north. Publix and Kroger are the two larger grocery stores in LaGrange.

Two "other" LaGrange attractions are:

"Hills and Dales Estate" a beautiful Italian villa style mansion and gardens. From what I have read, the tour guides are very knowledgeable and you can actually go into the rooms. Click here for more info (http://www.hillsanddales.org).

A unique experience is "Explorations in Antiquity Center" an interactive museum of daily life in biblical times. Until you've seen it, it is hard to describe exactly what it is, but very simply, it is a walk into the past of 2000-3000 years ago. The lives of farmers and shepherds, and life in a village are some of the fullscale archaeological replicas. Especially enjoyable is the opportunity to partake of an authentic 15 dish Biblical Meal with teachers in the roles of the ancients. Kids can participate in an "actual dig". This is their web site. (http://explorationsinantiquity.com)

Restaurants in LaGrange include C Sons, very highly rated: Katie's Too, a local Southern buffet favorite: A Taste of Lemon Restaurant, very good food in a unique setting: Mighty Joe's Pizza: Hog Heaven, BBQ and Big Sam's BBQ. As with most big towns there is fast food everywhere.

More later.

SmokeyBare
02-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Please add Karen and my self to the List...

I made the Reservations today for the Heartland Regional Rally at Pine Mountain.

ALF
02-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Dave

Paul and I have our reservations in for the Rally. We are in in site 118. We look forward to seeing everyone then. So far the plan is to come in on the 4th, but if Sue can get off a day or 2 we will be there earlier.

Nabo
02-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Glad that ya'll (Paul & Sue) could make your reservations. We have tried both yesterday and today to make reservations and was told that the weekend person could not make any reservations :(. The person today said she was new and didn't want to mess things up - hum. Better luck later???

davebennington
02-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Marv

Happy to see that you and Karen can make it to the rally.

dave

Nabo
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
WAHOOO - finally got registered this afternoon. Coming in late Thursday pm (3rd), leaving on Sunday. Sorry Dave but Judy wouldn't give me a site number but said she will email you.

davebennington
02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
They should email me sometime this week. Not to worry we have all of the sites around the activities center, I don't think they have a bad site.

dave

davebennington
02-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Paul & Sue

Look forward to seeing you there, there is alot to do in the area.

dave

davebennington
02-08-2012, 08:02 AM
I still need shirt sizes from a few of you.

dave

MICKEY
02-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Dave and Julie;
Just signed up for the Southeast Regional Rally. Looking forward to seeing all of our family there.

Mickey and Bonnie

davebennington
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Mickey,

It will be good seeing you and Bonnie again, don't forget to send me your shirt sizes.

dave

Randy
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Dave, You know I am a little slow but when did shirt's pop up on this thread? Mickey and Bonnie, Nathan and Byrd glad to see you again.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti
02-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Dave, You know I am a little slow but when did shirt's pop up on this thread? Mickey and Bonnie, Nathan and Byrd glad to see you again.

Post #66. Only found by those who read through all pages and find it. I'm sure Dave is emailing all attendees as well.

Jim

davebennington
02-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Randy,

Jim is correct I posted the shirt size request several days ago. So get busy a let me know what sizes you and Santha need. That goes for anyone else who have not sent me your shirt size yet. Just kidding if you would like one of the Pine Mountain rally shirts you have to let me know your sizes.

dave

Randy
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Dave and Jim, I went back and reread the thread. Dick Hill caused the problem. Enough said.

ncc1701e
02-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Dave, I thought I'd just give you a heads up that Millie & I trying to schedule this rally into our trip for this spring. We will be attending the rally in Gulf Shores the weekend prior to this rally. Right now, I am not sure if we will have to return more or less straight back to KY. If the timing works out and I should know in the next couple weeks, we will join this nice looking group at Pine Mountain. This certainly looks like a nice rally. I see several great Heartland folks we've had the pleasure of meeting before and as always love meeting other great campers. Even considering that Sir Dick (LOL) is on the roster of attendees.

Tom & Millie

davebennington
02-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Tom,

We are going to be at Gulf shores also so come on an sign up for the rally.

dave

hillsonwheels
02-11-2012, 08:40 PM
RANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The man, Tom, said it "Sir Dick"...........so, lets have a little more respect?????

Guess who?????????????

SouthernNights
02-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Dave and Jim, I went back and reread the thread. Dick Hill caused the problem. Enough said.

HE does that a lot. :p

davebennington
02-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Children....... Play nice.

d.

Randy
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Dick, Apparently Tom does not know you well. Larry and David, The only one defending Dick Hill is Dick Hill. Again ENOUGH SAID.

davebennington
02-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I am still waiting for shirt sizes from a few people. Send me an email or PM with your sizes so I can place the order in time to have them for the rally.

dave

krhyde
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Ken and Faye Hyde will attend. Made our reservations today. Site 152.

davebennington
02-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Ken,

We are glad you could make it to the rally, looking forward to meeting you.

dave

davebennington
02-20-2012, 07:17 AM
There is only a short 74 days left before the Southeast Rally begins, call and make your reservations for this fun filled event.

dave

Randy
02-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Dave, Santha and I can't wait for this rally to start. The RV park is very nice and there so many things to do in the Pine Mountain Area.

davebennington
02-21-2012, 07:59 AM
We still need someone to be in charge of the potluck dinner on Friday, if interested email or pm me and we can make arrangements.

dave

davebennington
02-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the latest to join the rally group, Joe and Linda Shejbal and poodles - (Shejbal)

dave

george.lewisiii
02-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Dave,

Michele and I confirmed our reservation with James Anderson at the campground today. We look forward to meeting you and the other HOC members.

Cheers - George & Michele Lewis

davebennington
02-24-2012, 07:42 AM
George,

Happy to see that you and Michele are able to make it to the rally, now all I need is your shirt sizes so I can place the order. You can email or PM me with them.

dave

Randy
03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
George, Glad that you and Michele are going to make the regional Rally. Sorry you had to cancel on the Georgia rally.

davebennington
03-04-2012, 07:38 AM
There are only 60 days left until the rally starts. Sign up now to reserve your spot.

dave

davebennington
03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
There are a few people who have not sent me their shirt sizes, so if haven't sent me your size please do so quickly. I have to place the order soon.

dave

Randy
03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
I see that Dick Hill and Reta are attending the rally. Has Dick said anything about peppers yet? I am on a learning curve about peppers.
Do not know how to fix them but can eat the heck out of them. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

hillsonwheels
03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
NO...............Dick Hill has not said anything about fixing peppers........and, I oughta know!!!!

Dick Hill

Randy
03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Dick, After not fixing enough peppers for the Georgia rally to satisfy the group. I see that you have shipped peppers to Texas with Jim Bellitti.
I would think that you would feel a little guilt and make sure the Pine Mountain rally had plenty of peppers.

davebennington
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome George & AnnaMarie Polacek the newest members to join the rally.

dave

davebennington
03-25-2012, 06:32 AM
The latest Heartlanders to signup for the rally are, Mike & Maureen Woodard. Welcome

dave

davebennington
03-25-2012, 08:07 PM
The latest attendees who have signed up o join us at Pine Mountain are Charles & Beverly Watts (ctuna0203).

dave

davebennington
03-28-2012, 06:53 PM
We only have 37 days left until Pine Mountain rally time.

ctuna0203
04-05-2012, 08:18 PM
2009 Bighorn 3580RL
2008 Ford F350 XLT crew cab longbed 4x2 6.4 turbodiesel
HOC#1469

davebennington
04-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Charles,

Happy to see that you are joining us.

dave

dick12444
04-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Sorry we're going to have to withdraw from the Rally. Need to move my Mother-in-Law at that time. Hope to see everyone in Hilton Head. Have a good rally'
Dick & Debbie Hazel

Randy
04-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Santha and I just bought a memory foam bed for our Sundance. We had two foam topper's on the original bed. If anybody want's the foam topper's we
will bring them to the SE rally at Pine Mountain. First person wins the door prize. Randy Santha and the Poodles

Zonian
04-08-2012, 01:55 AM
We had hoped to attend. However Andrea had to have a total hip replacemnt and will be laid up for a few months.

davebennington
04-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Les,

Sorry you cannot make it to the rally, hope all goes well with Andrea's operation and recovery. There will be other rallies.

dave

davebennington
04-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

Time is growing short to signup for the Southeastern Regional Rally. If you are planning on coming to the rally signup NOW!! We will have to release the reserved sites in a few days. Also I will have to place the T-shirt order very soon.

See you at the rally.

dave

Rodbuster
04-13-2012, 03:11 AM
The "Pine Mountain, Georgia rally" is coming up pretty soon. It's going to be the first rally that my wife and I attend and we are really looking forward to it. We went out to dinner with Mickey and Bonnie last night (they just hosted the Florida rally a couple of weeks ago) and they told us that we are in for a great time.

My question is, how are the "pot luck" dinners coordinated? How do you know what to bring so duplications don't become an issue?
I certainly don't want to bring 40 or 50 lobsters if somebody else has that planned... lol.

Dick

SouthernNights
04-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I don't know how anyone else does it, but in all the potlucks that we have had-whether planned or an after rally unplanned potluck-we have never coordinated anything. Always an abundance of of food, from salad to desserts.

We do always ask for people to bring their own drinks, flatware and dishes.

If you can make it to the Hilton Head rally next week, you can have a practice potluck. :D

boatto5er
04-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Hey Dick and Fran, come on up to Virginia Beach next month. I'm sure no one will mind if you bring extra lobster ;).

I'm with Larry - somehow it just always works out, even without any planning. Besides, who's complaining if everyone brings dessert?!

GETnBYE
04-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I certainly don't want to bring 40 or 50 lobsters if somebody else has that planned... lol.

Dick

Well of course you can bring 40 or 50 lobster.......you will be very welcome to bring them to the AlaMissibamassippee rally potluck dinner,LOL.;)

I can't really answer your question. I am a planner too, but I have learned to "go with the flow" with the potlucks. It seems to always work out.
Try to hit 2 categories of these: Meat dish, Vegetable dish, Dessert, Bread, Salad. How much you brings depends on the crowd and if it is something that can be re-rallied for the after the rally rally.

I think this post might win the most times to use the word "Rally":p
Enjoy the rally, and don't stress, there is always more than enough food and a last minute meal can be cooked up by some of the ladies who remind me of Ms. Paula Deen with the way they can re-do leftover sandwiches with a grill and some BUTTA into a fabo meal.

You are very welcome to come join the fun at the Ms/AL rally with or without the lobsters, it is coming up in a few short weeks.
------>>>>>>>//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26101-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-AL-Gulf-Shores-4-26-2012-to-4-29-2012?p=193967#post193967

jbeletti
04-13-2012, 10:12 AM
The "Pine Mountain, Georgia rally" is coming up pretty soon.... ...My question is, how are the "pot luck" dinners coordinated? How do you know what to bring so duplications don't become an issue?

Dick,

In my experience, only the smallest of gatherings, say 4 to 6 couples, really need their potluck offerings to be coordinated. I was at a rally many years ago that had about 5 rigs and 3 people brought baked beans, 1 brought salad and only 1 couple brought meat (grilled tri-tip - yummy).

We still had fun!

No worries on a rally the size of the Regional rally though. There will be decent variety and for the record, I'm in favor of you bringing lobster :)

See you there.

Jim

davebennington
04-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Dick & Fran,

YES!!! By all means bring 50 lobsters. LOL.

When it comes to potlucks it reminds me of an organization that we belonged to years ago (power squadron) when they had a potluck nothing was planned, the officers said if everyone brought baked beans we would all have baked beans or if everyone brought salad we all would have salad. etc.... you get the idea. The strange thing was there was very little duplication of food.

That said if you would like to be the coordinator for the potluck for the Southeastern Regional rally I would be OK with that, just send me an e-mail or PM and I will fill you in on what I have planned.

dave

davebennington
04-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Well Dick just sent me a PM and said he could not be the potluck coordinator, that is OK Dick, can we still count on all the lobsters? LOL

On another subject the campground folks just emailed me and said they will take back the sites that I had reserved as of next Friday the 20th of April, after that we will only have the sites that already been reserved by Heartlanders.
So this is the last call if you want to attend the Southeastern Regional Rally call the campground soon to get sited with the rest of the group. The contact person is Judy and their number is 706.663.4329

dave

MICKEY
04-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Dick and Fran;
As you can see you're in for a good time at this Rally. Well maybe I gave you a bum steer when I told you to ask about the Pot Luck items. We have had coordinators at some of the events, ie Dorothy Van Opstal, but like everyone said just bring something you would like to eat and it should work out. I have one question....the other night I thought you said "Lobsta" Maybe I just heard you wrong:) We were so engrossed with conversation, Bonnie told me I was sitting next to Glen Beck and didn't even know it.

davebennington
04-16-2012, 12:12 PM
More on the Potluck dinner on Friday. The only thing you have to bring is some ,type of side, maybe a salad, desert, your favorite drink. I will have the assorted meats ready to cook.

See you at the rally.

dave

Randy
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
More on the Potluck dinner on Friday. The only thing you have to bring is some ,type of side, maybe a salad, desert, your favorite drink. I will have the assorted meats ready to cook.

See you at the rally.

dave
Dave, I sure appreciate you cooking all the meat at the rally. You are going to be a very busy man.
The time is short. Looking forward to the rally. Randy, Santha and the poodles

davebennington
04-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Randy,

I think you misunderstood, I said that "I would have assorted meats ready to cook" not that I would cook. You all would not want me to do any cooking, I am still looking for someone to fill that position.

dave

hillsonwheels
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Is assorted meat :confused: anything like "parts is parts"? :eek: It has been my experience that if you use enuff hot sauce :cool: or hot peppers :cool::cool: about all that stuff can be eaten. :p

Dick

Nabo
04-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey Dave - Nathan said he will help cook but you are supplying the grills - rrright? Just let us know if we need to bring anything.

davebennington
04-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Nathan & Bryd,

It is nice that you offered to help cook. The problem is I do not have a grill that I can bring with me, maybe we can twist someones arm a little to use their grill. I will work on it.

dave

jbeletti
04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
My grill will be available and I will help Nathan do the grillin' :)

Jim

Nabo
04-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks Jim - we will see who else might have one that can be used. And those people are ......

Oh by the way - charcoal grills will also work. We will have a small one but it will work.

davebennington
04-18-2012, 06:19 AM
That is GREAT we have cooks and now we have grills to cook on. All we have to do now is get there safely and have a good time. Thank you for your help

dave

Randy
04-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Dave, i will also bring a grill or two. How many do you need? Randy, Santha and the Poodles

davebennington
04-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Randy,

Thank you, I think if you can bring two that should be good as Jim and Nathan are bringing theirs also. With 4 grills we should be able to cook for the group.

There is a kitchen in the activities building also.

dave

davebennington
04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
It is only 2 weeks until the South Eastern Regional Rally. I think everything is in place for everyone to have a good time. See you there.

dave

davebennington
04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
We are down to 1 week before the Southeastern Regional rally start.

dave

krhyde
04-27-2012, 10:30 AM
This will be our first rally. Looking forward to it. Ken

Nabo
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Oh Ken - you and Faye are in for it. Enjoy and will see ya'll down there.\

Byrd

Randy
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Ken, Byrd is right. It may be your first but will not be your last. Santha is putting stuff in the sundance this weekend
Will be there Wednesday PM. Randy Santha and the poodles

hillsonwheels
04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, I held off as long as I could! :( We will not be able to make this rally. Pains us both mightily but Ms. Reta's MD visits are gonna conflict. Her health is most important and we hope to get to the bottom of her problems with the next round of visits.

I plan to call the campground tomorrow and canx.

RALLY ON! You know we'll be there in spirit!!!!!!!!!!! Safe trippin" to all................

Dick

jbeletti
04-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Dick,

We're going to miss the Hills :( But we want/need Miss Reta to get well. Hope to see Reta well and the Hills back on the rally circuit soon.

davebennington
04-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Dick,

The most important thing is taking care of Reta, there will always be rallies to attend. We will miss you both.

dave

Randy
04-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Dick, I will miss the peppers but we will miss Reta so you take care of her.

Nabo
04-29-2012, 01:02 PM
We are so sorry that the Hills can't make the SE Rally but it's more important for Reta to get to feeling better. Our thoughts will be with ya'll both.

davebennington
04-29-2012, 04:45 PM
We just arrive at the campground it is about 4:30. They are ready for the rally to start.

dave

Randy
04-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Dave, Santha and I should be there about 2:30 0n Wednesday. The Poodles agree that it is time to start the rally.
Who else is coming in early? Randy, Santha and the Poodles

hogan
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Dave, looks like Donna and I will be driving down from Tupelo for the Southeastern Regional. We will stay at a lake near there for a couple of days then hit the Rally campground early on Friday morning. I am pretty sure Bob and Barb Mansolino, MS/AL chapter members will also be coming on their way home from Gulf Shores. See you on Friday.

brauch
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM
So sorry we will not be seeing the Hills at the SE rally, but understand that Miss Reta's health is most important. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both and look forward to seeing you at a future rally.

MICKEY
04-30-2012, 06:25 AM
DAVE;
We will be packing up here in Gulf Shores soon this morning and heading your way. See you today.

hogan
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Dave, my member number is #1649. Forum name is hoganc and our (Hogan and Donna) home town is Tupelo, Ms.

davebennington
05-01-2012, 07:15 AM
We have 4 rigs here already, I think some folks are going to Callaway Gardens today.

dave

jbeletti
05-01-2012, 10:54 AM
The Belettis are coming but are now a bit delayed. We will arrive on Thursday.

happykraut
05-01-2012, 03:00 PM
The Krauts are here.

Rodbuster
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Dick & Fran Bernard should be pulling in early afternoon.
Woohoo....our first rally, looking forward to it.

Dick

krhyde
05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
We arrived yesterday afternoon. Met Dave and Julie this morning. Ken and Faye

Randy
05-01-2012, 08:11 PM
All of you bragging about being at Pine Mountain is not making Santha and I feel good. Could you tone it down a little bit.

davebennington
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
If you would quit messing around and get down here you could be having fun too.

happykraut
05-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Hey, when you got a good thing going, you gotta brag about it.

Randy
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
If you would quit messing around and get down here you could be having fun too.

Dave, Some of us are not rich and still have to work. See you early afternoon tomorrow

Flying Dutchman
05-01-2012, 10:02 PM
We will arrive Thursday. Keep the light on for us.

MICKEY
05-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Went to Calloway GArdens yesterday and had a great time. This park is really nice with very nice ammenities. Don't dismay when you pull in front; that is the old part. Once you get toward the back where we are you will see expansive spots, rolling hills, lots of new spaces, very nice. In fact I feel rich somehow, they put me on the hill overlooking this beautiful location. Just as if I had money. Very nice pool area, a couple of dog runs, and a great activities building. A few of us went out for Pizza last night. Saw the whole Pine Mountain police department there, so it must be good. I'm getting lazy here. Laid back living, simulated retirement can be bad for your work ethic. I didn't even get up till 6 this morning....LAZY.

davebennington
05-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Mickey is right the campground is somewhat deceiving, when you enter it looks a little tired but once the escort takes you to the newer upper section what a view and the layout is well thought out. The campground folks have been really helpful in making our rally be successful.

Mickey,

If you didn't eat all that pizza with all that stuff on it you would be feeling lazy. LOL

dave

Randy
05-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Dave just called. I have tossed more firewood on the truck. See all of you shortly.

Rodbuster
05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Hmmm.... "Mickey feels rich". This is really good to know.

Does anybody know how much a new disc brake system would run me?

See you Thursday afternoon.
Dick

boatto5er
05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Hmmm.... "Mickey feels rich". This is really good to know.

Does anybody know how much a new disc brake system would run me?

See you Thursday afternoon.
Dick

Cookie (one of the forum moderators) has done this and had a pretty good show and tell somewhere on the forum - I just can't locate it right now. I think you're looking at 3-4 thousand though.

jnbhobe
05-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Cookie (one of the forum moderators) has done this and had a pretty good show and tell somewhere on the forum - I just can't locate it right now. I think you're looking at 3-4 thousand though.

Me and Dave both did it for $1800 or less and did it OUR way. Mor-Ryde will do it for about $2700 or sell you the parts for about $1950.

boatto5er
05-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Actually glad I estimated high. At under 3K I might even consider it.

jnbhobe
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Actually glad I estimated high. At under 3K I might even consider it.

You'll wonder how you ever got along without them, I would never have a trailer with electric brakes again for very long.

cookie
05-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Hmmm.... &quot;Mickey feels rich&quot;. This is really good to know.<br />
<br />
Does anybody know how much a new disc brake system would run me?<br />
<br />
See you Thursday afternoon.<br />
Dick
The cost should be around $1800.
Dan (Herbiesrig) just finished his install. He got the kit from MorRyde.
Also Creeper is in the process of doing it right now.
So there should be no shortage of information if you have questions.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rodbuster
05-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Hey fellas, I was just kidding around with the price of the disc brakes. I was trying to direct this towards Mickey because he mentioned in a previous post that he felt rich....just my type of humor.
Kinda loses a little when you have to explain it.

Now I hope Mickey doesn't take it seriously and have a $3000 check waiting for me when I get to the rally...(just kidding).

Leaving in 10 minutes.
See you there.
Dick

hogan
05-03-2012, 06:20 AM
We will be there early Friday morning; hanging out on the Chattahoochie now. West Point Lake.

MICKEY
05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Dick;
The check is in the mail; however there are a lot of folks here waiting for the Lobsta. :) And I told them what yor rigs looks like and to be ready when they see you come in the gates. I may have mentioned how you would be throwing them out like candy from the windows as you pass the adoring crowd. Instant acceptance to the group:)

boatto5er
05-03-2012, 07:52 AM
You guys really know how to make new rally-goes welcome!:rolleyes: Have a great time everyone! Sorry we missed this one. And Dick - let me know if they give you a hard time. I'll take care of them later (for a couple of lobsters of course).:)

Nabo
05-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Finally leaving. See ya abt 8-ish. B--

davebennington
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Nathan & Byrd are here, we are expecting everyone else tomorrow.

We had a very nice bring your own dinner tonight at the activities center. Judi Verhey (happykrout) made a great lemon pound cake to share with everyone .

dave

jbeletti
05-03-2012, 09:20 PM
We arrived mid-afternoon today. Fought rain nearly the whole way. Happy to be here.

Dave asked everyone to bring their dinner over to the rally hall at 5:30. So about 25 of us got together for an impromptu dinner. Nice.

Then a bunch of us hung out by the campfire over at Randy and Santha's.

george.lewisiii
05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Dave (and all),

Regrettably Michele and I are not going to be able to get away this evening to join you in Pine Mountain. I apologize for the very late notice, but we simply won't be able to make it this weekend. I hope all of you have a great time.

Cheers - George & Michele Lewis

davebennington
05-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Well the Southeast Regional Rally is winding down. The food was good the band was good and all the attendees were GREAT.

The Heartland family is the best, so glad to have met all the first time rally goers.

We had 2 couples that celebrated their anniversaries while attending the rally.

Happy anniversary to Dick & Fran Benard and Berney & Judi Verhey.

We even sign up a new member to the club, a BIG WELCOME to Gene and Betty Feldsein.

Betty I know you wanted to get a picture of the group for your very own, I will see to it that you a picture of the group when I get a chance in the mean time here are a couple for you to look at.

dave

hogan
05-06-2012, 05:00 AM
The Southeastern Regional Rally is coming to an end much too soon. Fun seeing our Heartland family and meeting new friends. Great Venue, great food, wonderful entertainment, glad we came. Looking forward now to Gillette next month. See Yall there.

happykraut
05-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, it's almost over, but Judi and I would like to ask you all to join us at Eddy Mae's(Dinner Buffet) this evening. They are the people that catered that wonderful chicken dinner last night. It's sort of our anniversary dinner. Couldn't find a White Castle, so I had to splurge. Several have indicated that they are coming. Meet at 5:35 and we will caravan down there.

Randy
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Santha and I arrived home just before 1 pm. We wish we could have stayed. It was great seeing friends again and meeting new people who will
become friends. Dave & Julie, A great rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

navyAZ1
05-06-2012, 02:22 PM
We made it home just fine and have even had a nap. Miss Ann and I had a great time, so much so we are now looking at possibly re-registering for the Gillette Rally (got to count our pennies, and I'm having a meeting with the folks I do consulting for to see if the schedule will allow my absense). We really did enjoy this rally, great location, great friends (and new ones), thanks to Dave for setting up such a fine rally. And a special thanks to Heartland for continuing to sponsor these rallies. During conversations we had we noticed that a lot of people have stated that due to these rallies they want to always stay with a Heartland product, plus most of us have seen interested folks become Heartland Owners shortly after meeting some of us at these rallies. The HOC is a great organization, thank you to Bryan Brady, and all of the Heartland corporate folks, and thanks to Jim Beletti, and all the Regional, and State directors of the HOC. Ann and I have always loved our BH, but having been treated the way we have been by Heartland and the HOC I don't believe we will ever regret our purchasing a Heartland product. (here comes the sailor in me) KUDO'S, AND Sierra Hotel to you all!!!!

Hope to see Y'all Soon,

Ron

Randy
05-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Ron, If I had your money I would not even begin to count it. Just pack up and go. Makes me very jealous.

Nabo
05-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Home safely eventho we passed a roll-over wreck on I -75 N which had just happened. Looked like the 5 folks were ok.

What a great rally!!! Dave and Julie did a great job. Thanks alot. Also enjoyed THE FOOD!

And for Randy.

davebennington
05-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Randy,

You have no room to talk if I had your money I would burn mine.

Come to think about it all I have left is Mr Lincoln it is all brown

dave

MICKEY
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Dave and Julie;

Another great Rally in the books. Thanks for everything. We met some great new friends and saw many of our (family)while at Pine Mountain. We got home about 9:15 with no events. We did talk about Gillette while driving home. Looking at ways to make it happen if possible. See ya'll down the road.

jbeletti
05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Nancy and I had a great time at the Southeastern Regional Rally. Thank you Dave for all the work!

We met some old friends here and we made a few new ones. Today, we joined Bernie and Judi and over 20 other rally holdovers for dinner out tonight.

See everyone down the road.

Jim

happykraut
05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Every person that was still at the rally came to Eddie Mae's this evening to help celebrate Judi's and my anniversary. I'd like to thank you all for coming and a special thanks to Carol and Terrell for picking up our tab. What a fun group.

Flying Dutchman
05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Another great rally with our Heartland family. Thanks Dave and Julie for all the planning and coordinating, we had a wonderful time. We made it home safely just passed noon today after an over-nite stop in Linwood, NC Just a few days here at home to cut the grass and make a few doctor appointments, then on to the VA rally next week. Wow, just realized that TN, Gillette, and WY rallies all within the next month. Folks, this addiction is really serious!!!!

davebennington
05-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I took the leftover danish to the office today, told them that we had a great time, I also thanked them for letting us use the activities building and giving us the door prizes. They said they appreciated us coming to the park for our rally.

dave

Randy
05-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Santha said that Byrd missed the biggest slobbering beast, Thank goodness. Santha threw away the towels that we took.
Bernie & Judi, Happy Anniversary. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

brauch
05-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Back home after a great SE regional rally. Many thanks to Dave and Julie for all your efforts to see that everyone enjoyed themselves. Also, a big welcome to our newest members....Betty and Gene. See you all in a few weeks at the TN/KY rally in the Memphis area.

jbeletti
05-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Dave, Julie, Nancy and I went to Animal Safari and FDR's Little White House yesterday (Monday).

Animal Safari was a real hoot!

happykraut
05-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Judi and I are camped just north of Louisville in Indiana. Been in the area since yesterday. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Dave and Julie for setting up a great event. We met so many new friends and saw old ones again. Can't wait for Gillette and Cody.

davebennington
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
We are about half way home, we are at the farm have to do some mowing and general cleanup before heading home on Sunday.

dave

krhyde
05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
We had a great time. Made some new friends, learned about Geo Caching and boon docking. Got bitten by the Alaska bug and started a whole new list of "safety" items needed for the RV. Thanks to Dave and Heartland for a great fun filled weekend. Ken and Faye PS; Faye doesn't know about the new list yet, so let's keep this between us. K

Randy
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Ken, Faye knows every thing important in your life. I don't know about the new list so let me know.

Rodbuster
05-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Sorry to get back to you so late. We left the rally on Monday and arrived home on Tuesday. Had 101 things to do when we got home.

Fran and I had a great time at the rally. Dave did an exceptional job hosting the rally. Thank you very much Dave, and thank you very much to all of you who took Fran and I into your Heartland family.
We picked up some really good ideas on things to add to the coach. Some of these items are convenience items to help things go easier in setting up or just for general operation of the coach. Other items are just "must have" items. The "must have" items are a little harder to justify, especially the more expensive ones. So what we did is, we labeled these items "safety items". Any "safety items" would be purchased as the budget allowed.
Nathan and Ken had a screen shade that attached to their awning....I fell in love with that. Well,the screen shade automatically went on the safety item list. I told Fran that when adjusted properly, the screen shade would protect the brand new stained glass window for the door that she just ordered....the screen will be here Wednesday.

Last, but certainly not least is something else that we picked up at this rally. We met many people that we can now call "friends".
This was our first rally and we were told by several people that it would not be our last....they were right.

Dick

hogan
05-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Ken, your secret is safe. Happy to meet you and Faye. Thanks again for leading the devotional on Sunday morning. Our friends from Kentucky that work disasters are Jim and Julia Workman. Etown.

happykraut
05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Dick, please share your list with the rest of us. I got a couple bucks just burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks.

Nabo
05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Ok Dick - which stain glass window did she get??? Hope Kathy was helpful in ordering.

Had fun with everybody. Can't wait so see some of ya soon at upcoming rallies.

krhyde
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Seeing what others have done to their RV is a big part of a rally. As a result of the Pine Mountain rally, I have ordered the hard wired Progressive EMS system, a motion sensing LED porch light, a Flag Buddy flag pole with a 75W light, glass tile for the kitchen and bath backsplash and plexiglass inserts for the screen door. I know I feel "safer" already. Ken

hogan
05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Ken, where did you see the glass tile for kitchen and bath backsplash? Donna wants something and what she had found at Lowes looked to be a major expenditure and project timewise. Looking for advice.

Hogan

Nabo
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Hogan - Gus just installed a tile backsplash to his Landmark. I wish I knew how to link the thread to it but it's called "glass tile backsplash". He has pretty good pictures.

davebennington
05-10-2012, 07:46 PM
That is what I like about rallies, meeting new fiends, the exchanging of ideas, and most of all the great food that your new friends bring to the potlucks.

dave

Rodbuster
05-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Dick, please share your list with the rest of us. I got a couple bucks just burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks.

Hi Bernie, I'd be glad to share a few items on my list that I am planning to add to our RV.
As I mentioned before, the stained glass window for the door and a shade screen for the awning are on order and should be here in a few days.
A few other things that I'm looking at are;
A security/porch light with a motion sensor.
A multi valve plumbing system (do it yourself) that goes in your UDC....I got that idea from Nathan.
Getting rid of my 12 volt battery and adding two 6 volt batteries (thanks Mickey).
A double canister system to purify the water.
I liked watching NASCAR on Nathan's TV in the basement....trying to figure a way to call that a "safety" item.
Maybe a set of disc brakes in the future.

If I get through this list, the only other thing that I'm really going to need is......
a tin cup and a few pencils.

Dick

happykraut
05-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Dick, thanks for the list. The motion sensor light will be the first thing on the list as soon as I can find the right one. I guess a 12V LED that's fairly bright would be the ticket. The multi valve plumbing system sounds interesting, but really don't know what it is/does.

hogan
05-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks Nabo for the info on the Glass Tile backsplash. I found the thread last night and saw the great photos. Now, we got to go to Lowes. See you soon.
Hogan

krhyde
05-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Ken, where did you see the glass tile for kitchen and bath backsplash? Donna wants something and what she had found at Lowes looked to be a major expenditure and project timewise. Looking for advice.

Hogan

I guess I saw it on the forum vs the rally. I got my tile from Lowes and the total cost including adhesive, grout and tiles was $108.50. That includes tile for the kitchen and the bath. I will probably have some tile left over but didn't want to come up short so got more than I think I'll need. Ken

krhyde
05-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Dick, thanks for the list. The motion sensor light will be the first thing on the list as soon as I can find the right one. I guess a 12V LED that's fairly bright would be the ticket. The multi valve plumbing system sounds interesting, but really don't know what it is/does.

Bernie, I just ordered one from Tweety's for $52.80. It is supposed to replace the one already installed on the RV. I got this idea from Nathan. Ken

hogan
05-11-2012, 12:13 PM
thanks Ken
Hogan