Doran Pressure Pro questions

timk

Jim,
I think I read somewhere that you had the Doran system. I was reading the manual at the link you provided, and its giving me a headache. (I'm not real good with instructions). Got a couple of questions if you don't mind. Or anyone else who has some experience.

You have to remove the cap to air up the tires, right?

How in the world do you get to the duals?

Would it be a real pain to plan to use the same monitors on a couple of different trailers?

Thx TimK

jbeletti

Hi Tim,

Yes, you remove the caps to air the tires. Also remove them to rotate the tires. I mark mine prior to rotation. Then I re-air my each tire back to my settings and reinstall the same Pressure Pro sender to the same tire position (not same tire).

Works fine for duals. For my Dodge, I need to pop off the outer trim ring. Then I reach in with my hand in one of the slots in the wheel to reach the inner tire stem. Dirty but simple.

Jim

jpmorgan37

Tim;
To add just a little, if the original tire pressure setting was 110#, that is the pressure that the Doran remembers. If you were to change the pressure setting on the tire to say, 105#, the Doran would still remember the original setting of 110 as the base setting and alarm at the %drop from the 110#. It will still read the exact tire pressure in the tire when you check the pressures by pressing the up or down arrow.

John

timk

I would assume that the base can be re-programed, but, is it too big of a project to be switching trailers 5 or 6 times a year? I have a couple of work trailers that I'm forever blowing tires on. But I mainly want to use it on the "horn" so I don't explode the fender wells from a low tire. But I thought it would be handy for work as well.
Thx again TimK

Uncle Rog

timk, if you remove the sensors for more than a couple of minutes they re-calibrate to the new pressure of the tire, that being said, you could easily switch trailers just as long as you used the sensors in the same relative position....worked for me ...........

Pulltab

My experience is the same as Rog's leave them off for a few minutes and they reset to the new pressure. Been using doran for almost 3 years now and has saved me a couple of times. Good investement in my opinion.

timk

Thanks guys, I think you have answered all my questions. Anybody want to recommend a good source to buy from.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Tom
that what I paid last winter direct from the factory and had it in a week also. I had no plrblem insalling them. I am sure glad I have the pressure monitors on my tires. They are like an insurance policy for me. They work great.

Tom of Ypsi

Evans and Lana,

Even though we are now officially fulltimers we have not been on the road except for 20 miles or so but I do have the pressure pros on and feel much safer with them. Twenty some years of driving trucks I only had one flat, luck I guess, but I like the added insurance policy the pressure pros give. We start the real traveling this Thursday.