Ice Maker water shutoff

Maverick

I have a new Landmark San Antonio. I posted previously about winterizing the Ice Maker. It was lengthy so here is a quick question. Where is the water shutoff for the Refer Ice Maker? It seems the shutoff is different for all Landmark models. Havent seen any posts for the San Antonio. :confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm not familiar with that particular model but the shut off for ours is behind the docking center. Look for the 1/4" tubing coming off of a 1/2" pex line.

wingfoot

Shut off for ours in also behind docking center. Had to remove 3 screws to lay the wall down to get to it.

Now that's weird...Mine is under the refrigerator (inside the coach). Pull the bottom drawer out and you see a "T" shut off valve...I guess Heartland just kinda puts them according to what day it is..Just to keep us guessing;).

Maverick

Thanks everyone. I found the ice maker shutoff. Just think Heartland should make it more accessible. Shouldnt have to unscrew a panel in the storage area to access vital components.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I had a heck of a time locating the turn off valve on our first trip in our 3585RL. Called the dealer no one there knew where it was either, went to a local dealer and a tech told me exactly where it was.. Right there behind the docking station...After using the ice maker a few times my basement was flooded after checking around I found a pin hole in the 1/4 plastic line enough to flood the basement... Glad you found yours..
Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City, OK
2010 Ford F-350 FX4 dually diesel 6.4 w/ Transfer Flow System 75 Gallon tank
2011 BigHorn 3585RLnew 5th wheel RV 006.jpg

jimtoo

What do you need to do the drain the cooler?

Hi GWB2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think we need a little more information about what "the cooler" is... could you give us more information about your unit,, kind..year.. is this refrigerator,, ice maker?

Thanks and enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Maverick

I had to unscrew mine from the back wall, two screws and 3 screws in the bottom as well. Take it out and drain off the water. An easy step to miss, but important as that water would freeze.

Willym

What do you need to do the drain the cooler?
Instructions are in your Dometic manual. Basically, you drain the line feeding the cooler by disconnecting it at the solenoid valve. Then, you use air at the dispensing nozzle (above the fridge door) to blow out the line.