Stove top cover

Hello again everyone. I know this is not a big issue but we have a 2009 landmark Augusta we bought used. I think it is missing a stove top cover. And I think it is a two piece. Does anyone know where we could get one for this unit? Thank you all in advance. There is just so many questions. haha Thanks again Jeff

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Call Heartland Customer Service and have your VIN handy. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

jbeletti

Jeff and Jenn,

A two piece solid surface cover came with the RV when sold new. Somewhere along the line, the previous owner must have lost or gotten rid of it. Or maybe even the dealer you got it from.

In any event, Heartland makes those tops at our counter shop. If we still have the same surface material on hand, they may be able to make one for you. Otherwise, maybe they can make one but in the current material. May look odd or it may look great. Either way - it would be covered :)

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
An alternative. When we got ours, new from dealer stock, the folding metal cover was missing. So our saleswoman gave us the cutting board cover. Looks better and is functional. Just have to lift it off and set it on the counter next to the sink to use the stove. It has feet under it that grip the grating over the burners. With it on the counter, and a hot plate pad on it, it makes a great spot to set a hot pan when you need to.

View attachment 16118

twohappycampers

What a helpful bunch, hey? I had loads of questions too at first and sometimes still do, and no one here ever says anything to make me feel bad about writing in so frequently. So, no worries.

I do have the stove top cover, but find it tinny and unattractive and a bit of a pain to fold and unfold. I currently have a wood board on top of the stove top cover, which I find more useful and attractive. It's just an old top I had from one of those wood folding tv tables. The stove top cover does act as a protection for the wall when it's up, so that's a good thing. I use the solid surface sink covers leaning up against the back wall as a wall protector, for now until I put up some tiles or something. And I read a post where someone had the sink covers slip and knock a burning pot off the stove, so be careful with that idea.

That said, maybe I'll try doing without the tin stove top cover altogether. It lifts off easily. One less thing to clean. I can see where it would be a good idea to have it there if there's a chance that someone will accidentally turn on the burners before removing everything from the top. But I'd never do that, or would I?? :eek: now, Lorna, what did your mother teach you? never say never!! Oh, and perhaps there's a good reason to have the stove top cover when you're travelling?

Just noticed, as with almost everything, if you do a search you'll learn more than anyone needs to know about stove top covers or range covers.

Take good care - Lorna