What LNB Set do I need in FL?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I need a little advice from the Florida contingent. Here is WI and most other areas we've been, I have used a DTV Slimline dish with the single headed triple LNB. While down in the RGV of TX, we had to switch over to a 5 LNB. Something about the satellites needed for locals??

My question, what is used in FL for Direct TV? 3 or 5 LNB's? Thanks ya'll!

Ray,
I probably told you this, but I use a 3 LNB in FL & last year in Mission, the same thing.
Stop over sometime & I'll show you mine. It's HD too.

Roy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray,
I probably told you this, but I use a 3 LNB in FL & last year in Mission, the same thing.
Stop over sometime & I'll show you mine. It's HD too.

Roy
Roy, were you getting locals (Harlingin channels) in Mission with the 3 LNB? I had to use a 5 LNB in Mission. When are you heading South this year?

Sandpirate69

Ray, here in Florida if you have the slim or 18" they both work. I use the HD receiver & 1 regular receiver. just ordered another slim because i backed over mine while moving the truck. Ooopppsss.

Ivan

Ray,
We were getting channel's from McAllen & I think one from Brownsville..Not Sure. All I did when we got here is call the 800# & tell them my address..no problem.
When we left TX & got to Central FL, I called & they switched me over for locals. Never had a problem, but I noticed the fellow next to me in TX ordered a Direct TV dish on a tripod. They installed a 5 element LNB. I asked why & the installer just didn't know why.
Anyway we are leaving Oct 17th & will stay on the Gulf until Nov 2nd or 3rd. Then on to Paradise Oaks in Bushnell for 6 months. I guess we are tired of moving around & we are centrally located to go anywhere. We will be taking our Mini-van with us.
Hope to see you down there..

Roy