ATF: Big Country - Security Lights

busted2341

Did I miss something or is there an inside switch for the security lights? The remote is the only way to turn on those lights. If so where is it please?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Busted, I don't have a Big Country but as far as I know the remote is the only way to operate the security lights.

B

bwwalczak

The remote is the way to turn on the outside security lights.

We just purchased a 2012 it does not have the gold edition but we do have these lights. It did not come with the remote as I think that is the gold edition upgrade. How can we turn these lights on?

B

bwwalczak

If you do not have a remote, there is a switch inside the cabinet (next to the other lights) for exterior scare lights. You either have a remote or a switch. I would have to know your VIN (last 6 numbers) to know exactly if your coach was optioned with a remote. (It more then likely has it, and someone at dealer could have lost the key fob - it has happened).

Feel free to email me directly with the last 6 of VIN. bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

Thanks everyone! After posting I found the answer here as another question under security lights. We do have the remote that turns this on. I was thinking it was the other remote. I do think it is kind of strange that it takes a remote to switch these on. I am thrilled to be a part of this community. Everyone is so quick to respond and so helpful.
Thanks again.
JoEllen

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks everyone! After posting I found the answer here as another question under security lights. We do have the remote that turns this on. I was thinking it was the other remote. I do think it is kind of strange that it takes a remote to switch these on. I am thrilled to be a part of this community. Everyone is so quick to respond and so helpful.
Thanks again.
JoEllen

I think part of the reasoning for this is to be able to turn on the "scare" lights without jumping up and running to the cabinet. At two o'clock in the morning, it's much more convenient to turn it on while lying in the bed. Just be sure to turn the lights back off when they are not needed. they are pretty bright and can be annoying for your neighbors.