fridge fins - water dripping or freezing?

twohappycampers

The fins inside my fridge are dripping water at setting 3 and freezing the drips at setting 4. Which is correct? - dripping or freezing? Or is either okay and just depends on how cold I personally want my fridge?

Thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine seems to do both at setting 3 or 4. I'd be more concerned at what the temperature is inside the fridge, so I have a little thermometer hanging off one of the shelves. Adding one of the small battery refrigerator fans in there helps distribute the cold air. So long as the beer stays cold in the top shelf of the door, I'm a happy camper.

wdk450

The fins inside my fridge are dripping water at setting 3 and freezing the drips at setting 4. Which is correct? - dripping or freezing? Or is either okay and just depends on how cold I personally want my fridge?

Thanks!

Doug and Loma:
Mine is the same way. I have small icicles dripping into the catch tray and out the back tube. The cooling fins are always going to be colder than the ambient air in refrig box the fins are trying to cool. So the fins will be at freezing while the ambient temperature in the box will be slightly above freezing ( the temperature setting recommended by the NSF). I have a hanging refrig thermometer in the box, and it normally indicates just above freezing.