Trouble storing the electric cord

Is there a trick to stuffing the electrical hookup cord back in my 2011 Sundance 265RK? I can't seem to get it back into the compartment. Thanks for any suggestions.

jimtoo

Hi Jeffspears,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Does your Sundance have a reel that the cord is on?? I can't help you, but you might give us a little more information about the cord... is it on a reel or just goes into a compartment?

I'm sure some of our other Sundance owners will jump in to help out.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey Jeff, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. It sounds as if you have one of those cords that pull out of an opening on the side or back of your trailer, right? On my last trailer, I decided to build a bigger box. The one under the cabinet that hides the cords compartment. I also found that if you kind of twist the cord as you stuff it through the opening, it will form a coil and sometimes fit better. I'd bet it's even more fun when it's cold out the morning you're heading home.
Another option is to buy a 30amp extension cord. Use the extension and only take out a few inches of the trailer's cord.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Someone else had that problem and wound up cutting the cord and installing a Marinco shore connector on the coach and added a female pug on the end of the cord they cut.
Then just store the cord in some other area.

Peace
Dave

I finally got the darn cord back in. Bloody knuckles and all. Twisting helped. Thanks for the tip. I will seriously consider building a bigger box or putting a door on the inside of the trailer where the box is. Then maybe I can have better access to the compartment.

Thanks again.