Slam door latches

Bob Vaughn

I would like to put slam latches on the doors of my Big Country TS 3250 that does not already have them. I looked on a web site that sells them but was not able to figure our which ones I needed. I am especially interested in the big door across the front . The Gas bottle and battery/slide out pump door would be nice also. Has any one researched this and know what the part numbers and company name would be? I can do the labor but figuring out which ones I needed was confusing......

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, the only thing I know for sure is that the doors with slam latches are thicker than one that do not have them. I imagine the door frames are thicker also. I would measure the door thickness on the ones that have them and the ones that dont. That would be your answer so you would know if they will work or not.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob, try calling Lippert as they are the current manufacturer of the Heartland slam doors. They entire frame and the door are replaced as a unit so you will need the rough opening dimensions. All are 3" radius corners. It looks to be an easy transition as long as the opening is square.
I hope to replace the side compartment doors next year. Our LP doors can't be replaced due to the space needed for the bottles. The newer doors are too thick.