Air Mattress Sofa

kimming07

The sofa flips forward when you lay on it.

It is from Seat Tech.

Does anyone else have this sofa and how do you keep it from tipping forward?

Heartland is replacing under warranty but unless my sofa is missing a part I dont see how it will ever not tip forward...

Last edited:

lorax

My sofa is not attached to the coach. I have yet to use it so I don't know if it will tip when used but I will check into this.

kimming07

Heartland just replaced mine under warranty. It is still in the shop so I have not had the opportunity to see if the new sofa does the same thing.

kimming07

Replacement sofa is a new design from old. Foot support when flipped open is via a frame now versus using the cushions before. Works much better.

Much happier with the new design.

JJnLilly

Hope they have finally gotten their act together on their sofa design. I have one of the first and it leaves a lot to be desired.

lorax

My 2011 has a flip over leg for support. We haven't used it but we did set it up and it looks ok.
Ted

kimming07

That is what mine has now.

There is an older version that was put on several of the prowlers that i looked at that doesn't work.

Glad to hear you got the good one.

lorax

The air mattress is too big to fit on my sofa. The width is fine, the length no so good. Is there some bar that pulls out to make the sofa longer? The Heartland Handbook has a different sofa illustrated, I have 2011 Prowler Shadow 27 PBS. My nieces are planning to sleep on it tomorrow night. My bad....I've owned this trailer for 10 months????

lorax

Well, my 12 yo niece figured it out. You pull the back over the front, then use the support. All went well.