New Owner 2012 Big Country Gold Edition

billg39w

Hey everyone, my name is Bill and my wife is Nadine and we just took the plunge and joined the RV world. We’ve been looking at the Heartland Big Country 3250TS Gold Edition as our first 5th wheel RV. Actually it's our 1st RV ever. From reviewing all the comments in the forums we believe this will be a good beginning to a new past time. My wife & I pick the RV up this Friday in Bath, NY and we can't wait.

Picked up a 2011 Ford F350 diesel long bed and a B&W Companion hitch to tow with. Again after reviewing the comments in the forums seems like one of the favorites for towing. Being a Ford fan also helped with the decision.

I’ve been involved with scouting a large part of my life so camping, backpacking, and hiking are in my blood. This is the first time for Rving though. We're not retired yet so long weekends and the occasional week long vacations are what we’re looking to do. Not exactly sure where to go with the RV. We’re from northeast PA, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello and CONGRATULATIONS on your new 3250TS. We really enjoy having our Big Country and I am sure you will enjoy yours too! They are beautiful rigs! I really like the new colors too but still a little partial to the gray :eek:

Can't help you with local destinations but if you ever head west...I have many suggestions!

Best Wishes!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Bill and welcome to the forum and the world of RVing. I know you will enjoy the 3250. We have had ours for over 2 years and love the layout. There is a strong Heartland club chapter in Pa. and i am sure some one from there will jump in soon. Try a chapter rally with them. It is a good way to learn about your RV and meet some wonderful people.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We had a BC 3250 for 5 years before moving up to the BC 3650. Great coach and e-z to work with.

Gosh - you sound like us. We have been in Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts for over 35 years (hubby since he was a kid) but just got tired of sleeping on the hard, cold, rocky ground. Scouting is great but RV camping is even better. Also, like you - we are not retired yet either. Have fun.

Heartland has a great owners club that is very active in the PA area. It's a fun way to meet other HL owners and find out what others have done to modify their coaches. Cheryl (dieselsweetheart) is the chapter leader and hopefully will be soon contacting ya'll.

Again, congratulation and travel safely.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey everyone, my name is Bill and my wife is Nadine and we just took the plunge and joined the RV world. We’ve been looking at the Heartland Big Country 3250TS Gold Edition as our first 5th wheel RV. Actually it's our 1st RV ever. From reviewing all the comments in the forums we believe this will be a good beginning to a new past time. My wife & I pick the RV up this Friday in Bath, NY and we can't wait.

Picked up a 2011 Ford F350 diesel long bed and a B&W Companion hitch to tow with. Again after reviewing the comments in the forums seems like one of the favorites for towing. Being a Ford fan also helped with the decision.

I’ve been involved with scouting a large part of my life so camping, backpacking, and hiking are in my blood. This is the first time for Rving though. We're not retired yet so long weekends and the occasional week long vacations are what we’re looking to do. Not exactly sure where to go with the RV. We’re from northeast PA, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Congratulations on your new Big Country. That gold is truly an eye catcher! Good choice. Not sure where you are but we have camped at Otter Lake in the Pocono's! They are a full four season CG with Indoor Pool and Hot tubs that would be just right for this time of year! They are in Marshall's Creek and here is a LINK to their website.

I am sure Cheryl & Jim (PA Chapter Leaders) or Dave & Nona (PA Wagonmasters) may jump in to help you too. You may also think about joining the Owners Club and jumping right into the fun of rallies with lots of new friends that you will make along the rally road! The Northeast Region is very active and in 2011 every chapter hosted or worked on at least two rally events.

If you are going to be in Bath on Friday why not stop by the NY Rally and meet some of your new family. As a matter of fact Wilkins, is feeding us after our wine tour on Saturday. If you are still there please don't hesitate to stop by and introduce yourself!

jnbhobe

Hi Bill; I don't have a lot more to say than Debbie did, Maybe Wilkins will give you a place to set up for the weekend or get you a campsite nearby. The NY rally is at http://www.hickoryhillcampresort.com/index.php I know all the rally sites were sold out, but maybe they may have something. All I can say is
YOU WON"T BE SORRY.