Apollo Half Time Oven Microwave Latch Appears Broken

jbeletti

Contact Midwest sales in the morning. Their number appears on the left side of the Portal under Important Contacts.

rick_debbie_gallant

At first it wouldn't latch and then when it did it wouldn't open.

Regards,
Theresa

Theresa:

Had the same problem with our Apollo. I looked like it was going to be more hassel than anything to take out the ol, send it in and wait for the new. My solution: A very nice suction cup with a round hole. perfect for attaching a hanging thingie of your choice. We use that for a handle to simply pull the door open. By the way, after I installed my invention the door has worked perfectly. I dont need the "pull handle" now but it is still on there just the same.

Theresau

Debbie thanks for the replay; however, ours has a push button latch - at first it wouldn't close at all. One time it did and now it won't open. We called Midwest and they are sending parts with directions - cost $11.25 with shipping. Will have to be torn apart to be fixed.

If it happens again, we will replace - what has Heartland used for replacement? (Makes me nervous if latch isn't good.........)

Theresa

rick_debbie_gallant

Let us know how easy the repair is. We must have the same Micro wave units. Our rigs most likely came down the line together. We each got a bad micro.

Theresau

Joe took the microwave down, took it apart and found that the bracket behind the push button had popped out of place. Joe put it back in place and it works fine now.

Midwest must have assumed that this bracket was broken as this is what they sent us - we'll hold on to it in case it breaks in the future.

Hope this helps.

Theresa

Exact same thing happened to us. They sent us a new latch but when I took it apart nothing was wrong with the old latch. The tab was bent in a way that allowed it to come off. I straightened the tab and it
Hasn't happened since. That was two years ago.

Theresau

Here are the instructions that came with the new latch in case anyone needs them.

Theresa

Attachments

• Instructions from Midwest0001.pdf
    481.9 KB · Views: 159

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
Here are the instructions that came with the new latch in case anyone needs them.

Theresa
Hello:
Our Apollo Half Time door failed to open last week with food in it
I contacted Apollo and they are sending a replacement door latch.
Maybe when I take mine apart it wont be broke either just need to be adjusted.
I received similar instructions from Apollo on how to take microwave a part and replace door latch.
The Apollo tech did tell us how to open the door since we had food in the microwave.
We are able to use it but opening the door is a slight pain.

rick_debbie_gallant

I had the same problem!! Easy fix: 2 or 3 inch clear suction cup with a little knob on it for pulling the door open. 2 bucks and easy breezy to use.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349317876.524721.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk