Re-Stringing Day-Night Shades

netters1

We are in Goshen, IN right now having some work done on our Augusta and were looking for someone to re-string our blinds for us. Mac took one of the blinds off and there was a label on it "SWC" (Specialty Window Coverings) here in Goshen so Mac called them. If your blinds are from them(and most of Heartlands are) they will re-string them for FREE if you are in the area, or will do it free if you ship them to them and you only have to pay shipping back to you. They did our back window, and 3 of the slide windows in less than 2 hours. Very, very nice people!!:)

RoadJunkie

I have one that recently broke a string...did you take the valence off to get the shade removed, or did you get in there with an angled screwdriver? Or, i.e., how did you get the shade off the wall?

jimtoo

Hi RoadJunkie,

This recent post was made into a sticky about re-stringing the blinds. See if it helps.

Jim M

pegmikef

Nice info. I was able to get it off without removing the valance. I like to restring my own so I can use a heavy test fish line because I am afraid the Texas sun eats up the factory provided string.

RoadJunkie

My shade is not mounted with the spring-loaded retainer clip, but rather screwed to the wall at the top of the shade ( I'm pretty sure). The valance is also--somehow--screwed to the wall. Am I screwed too? If the shade were mounted as described in the (well written) sticky, I would not be having a problem. Isn't everyone's valance somehow screwed to the wall, as well?

jimtoo

Yes, the valance is screwed to the wall. Most likely from the inside of the valance, look for a small hole or tear near the wall. The screw head is probably pulled through the material and not visible.

Jim M