Looking for Places in PA to Camp

billg39w

Thanks to everyone who responded to by other thread "New Owner 2012 Big Country Gold Edition". I'm sure we're going to have a great time rving.

What I'd really like to know is where we can take our RV within a few hour drive. We're looking to do long weekends most of the time with the occasional week long trips when we can get away from the business. We are located in NE PA, Tunkhannock. Thanks.

Rrloren

Have stayed at Four Seasons in Scotsrun, nice campground. Two others I would consider but haven't stayed there yet are Mt. Pocono and Hemlock both in Tobyhanna.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Here is a LINK to Region 5 (Northeast Region) of the PA Camping Guide!

Here is a LINK to campground reviews.

Between the two sites you should be able to camp at quite a few facilities within a few hours of your home!

billg39w

Thanks for the information. My wife & I will take a road trip to checkout the sites. I'll let everyone know what we find.

Miller0758

Bill, we spend a week each year at Otter Lake in Marshalls Creek near Stroudsburg. If you want to go a little south, there's lots of great campgrounds in the Lancaster area ... we'll be at Mill Bridge this weekend. Good luck, John

billg39w

John, My wife & I are very interested in the Lancaster area. Any places you've been that are nice that you can share would be great. Debbie, in another post also mentioned Otter Lake. I looked it up on the web and it looks pretty nice.

cpl0199

Spring Gulch PA is a wonderful campground, with nice sites. We stay here most of the time, probably our favorite. Owned by Encore but if you are worried about he corporaton atmosphere they are not that type. Very clean.