washing the floor

4hapymcds

I have looked through my manuels on proper solution for washing the floor of our 2011 29rl. I am unable to find anything. Should I use a mild dish soap or is it safe to any floor wash. The floor looks great and would hate to use something on it to take away from it. ty for any info :eek: Also while i am here, for the lazy boy rockers what is great for wiping them down with.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
If you have Beauflor flooring, here is what they say...
[h=2]General maintenance[/h]The amount of daily usage will determine how often cleaning is required.
Sweep as necessary with a soft broom. Care must be taken if you use a vacuum cleaner, do not use vacuum cleaners with “beater bars”
Wipe over with a clean damp mop or cloth, which should be rinsed frequently in clean water. (Remember that all floors can be slippery when wet.)
When necessary wash with a solution of clean water and mild detergent or domestic floor cleaning emulsion*.
Rinse thoroughly and soak up residual water. For additional lustre buff with a dry cloth.

Spots, marks and spillages should be wiped up as soon as possible.

Cushioned floors with an additional protective coating such as Beauflor Premium Protect, Multi Protect and Ultragrip, do not normally require polish. Other floors (Bartoli/Lioni) will require polishing to protect the floor's surface from staining agents and to give a surface shine. For such floors apply a liquid emulsion floor polish** immediately after installation and thereafter at 6 - 12 monthly intervals as required. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when using a floor polish or cleaner.
*Do not use:
  • Wire or nylon wool scouring pads
  • Furniture polish
  • Spirit based polish
  • Powder or liquid abrasive cleaners
  • Bleach or strong detergents
I have had good luck using a very mild mixture of Mr. Clean or Spic n Span in a pan of water. A couple cap fulls is all that is needed.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use a swiffer mop with the "wet" pad, made for cleaning vinyl flooring. Very easy to use.

E

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Now this sounds like something that should be posted over on the thread about what the girl's can do at the Northeast rally. You know, learning stuff like mending socks, how to clean the place, using a washboard down at the creek, how to boil water without burning it, washing & waxing the DH's pickup truck. etc.. Include also, how to abstain from rubbing the numbers off the charge cards. Useful stuff.:D

I didn't want to "intrude" in the Girl's Den with this observation. Guess I've attended my last rally, too...:eek:

TeJay

John,
you forgot cleaning the fish, preparing the deer and changing the oil. Well on second thought, maybe we'll keep changing the oil.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John,
you forgot cleaning the fish, preparing the deer and changing the oil. Well on second thought, maybe we'll keep changing the oil.

Yeah, changing the oil is dicey. I don't know how far you'd get with a crankcase full of EVO.:D