How long should a new MPG last?

mtran868

If I take good care of my brand new MPG 180, how long should it last me in Dallas, TX? I know it's a hard question but I'm curious if it'll last 5 yrs or 20 yrs.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
If you take good care of it, no reason it won't last 20 years. Of course you will have to replace pieces and parts along the way, nothing last forever.
Of course it also depends on how much you use it and how it's stored when not in use. One of my vehicles is an 18 year old Honda (car), it won't win any beauty pagents but runs like a top!

irvin56

My old prowler TT was a 1976. I still ownit. Now a storage unit. We camped in it for 17 yrs. and with a little TLC I could camp another bunch of yrs. I just does not have the luxury items in it.

Take care of it and it will last a long LONG time

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would think that it would last as long as you still like it. Seems to me that most people end up buying a new trailer about every 4 or so years. I am sure it will last that long.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your taste for the RV lifestyle might lead you to a bigger unit before the MPG "wears out"! LOL! I would take extra effort to take care of the roof, caulking and tires, as these will degrade with exposure to UV rays and the extreme temp changes (112+ to -12) we've been getting in North Texas the past few years.

Enjoy your unit, stay on the forum to keep up with the latest fixes and issues, share your stories and pictures, and treat it with TLC. Have fun!

BTW, we're having a Heartland Rally in Canton, TX (just 60 miles east of Dallas) Oct 7-9!! Come out and visit, even if you can't bring the rig.

E

kb0zke

Along the lines of taking care of the trailer, we've decided that it is worth the cost to take it back to the dealer to be winterized. Yes, I can do that myself, but I'm going to have them go over everything and take care of whatever needs work. The warranty will be up at Thanksgiving time, and it will likely get cold before then, so I'll have them take care of the few small items, winterize it, and take care of any caulking needed, repack the bearings, etc. We're keeping a log of what is done to the trailer, so when the time comes to trade it for the FT rig, the new owner will know what has been done. We hope that will pay off in a few dollars more for us then.

PhotoPete

As everyone else has said, if you maintain it, it will last as long as you can stand it. I always store mine inside over the northern winters. My last trail was 10 years old when I sold it. It was in excellent shape at that point. The one before that I purchased in 93, it's still in use and functioning just fine by my brotherinlaw.