Camera system on North Trail

Edmon

Just finished installing a rear view/back up camera on our trailer and the monitor in the truck. Now my wife can back that sucker anywhere she wants to.(okay so I will be able to do that also).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Edmon, we want pics! Also, if you could describe the install method and camera brand. Congrats on making a difficult task a little easier!

E

Edmon

Edmon, we want pics! Also, if you could describe the install method and camera brand. Congrats on making a difficult task a little easier!

E
I bought the system on line from Tadi Bros. I had a wireless system on our truck camper but it didn't work very well on the trailer so I went with a wired system. Monitor is mounted on dash and power comes from parking light circuit. Video cable runs to rear of truck where I put another power source from tail lights(this way I can use the camera on the back of the truck when we are not trailering). Also makes it a one person job to hook trailer to truck. Camera wiring on the rear of the trailer is about the same .....used the wires feeding the trailer tail lights for my power source. Video cable runs length of trailer(I ordered the 35 foot long cable) and ends at the tongue with enough slack to plug into cable at the back of truck. I can move the camera to bracket(I made my own) on trailer license plate. The cable end at the front of the trailer has a female fitting so you will need a RCA coupling to plug truck video cable into the trailer cable. Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have pictures. Maybe I can get some tomorrow. I get a fantastic picture!