Leaky shower on 3300SK

Less than 1 month old 3300SK. Great equipment so far. Noticed a drip happening in cargo area under ths shower while the shower is going. Any quick remedy? I don't think it's serious enough to take back for warranty work, but I'll wait to hear from you. Thanks
Greg

jbeletti

Greg,

Could be a number of causes, but take a look at Pulltabs thread here.

Maybe your unit is missing some sealing material around the shower faucet or the access port?? Something you can check easily though. If that's not it, others will chime in with other things to dig into if you're up for it.

Jim

Pulltab

Greg, as Jim say's go check out my thread. When you consider a shower there are very few places water can get out. If it is not the faucet area then you need to check the outside of the shower for leaks along the edges of the glass to see if there is a void in the sealing of the glass from the inside. Just as a precaution I seal every seam on my showers and that stops it. If you have access to the bottom of the shower (might have to remove basement walls) check drain to ensure the fittings are tight. Don't forget any water that leaks and does not make it to the ground is probably laying in the underbelly. Look for an unusually low hanging spot. If you have water there just punch a hole to let it drain and you can tape it back up later with a good 3m tape designed for plastic. Good luck.

Note:In removing the faucet, before you do check that the fittings are tight on the back of faucet before doing anything else. They will come loose from bouncing around down the road. You would be surprised how much does.

If your shower has the big screw port access panel, after removing the plug reach inside to feel around for moisture, feel around the back of faucet where connections are and then the backside of the shower beneath the faucet to see if it is coming in there, then around the access port flange on the back. Be really careful doing this, remember these showers are fiberglass and the back of them are rough, often there are fiberglass hairs hanging and waiting for someone to get pungied! If you are not comfortable with doing all this take it to your dealer and ask them to check these areas for leaks. Good luck.

Last edited:

RugRat

Check all around the shower enclosure. This is a common problem and happened on mine also. The dealer resealed the entire shower and the problem is gone. Mine was also leaking into the cargo area.

Thanks to Jim, Pulltab and Rugrat. I think I'll just take some time this weekend and go over the whole thing and seal with GE clear and see how it goes. I sure appreciate the help.
Greg