Trail Air Tri Glide

Sandpirate69

Looking for the Tri Glide lower jaw for a reasonable price. Not willing to be the money maker any business on a slow month. Please advise.

Thanks,

Ivan

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
The trail air tri glide is good at any resonable price. I have this unit and like it very much. I am sure you will all so.

GOTTOYS

The jury is still out on the Tri-Glide portion of my pinbox. The air ride feature is a definate improvement but the bumps I get from starting and stopping at times makes me wonder how nice the hitch would be without the Tri-Glide lower jaw. I wish i would have had a chance to try it both ways before making a decision to buy....Don

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the Trailair basic air ride hitch which is fantastic. I have no bumping or chucking and don't really feel a need for the Tri-Glide feature.

hoefler

I have the Trailair basic air ride hitch which is fantastic. I have no bumping or chucking and don't really feel a need for the Tri-Glide feature.

I am in the same boat. I don't know if I would be better off or not with the Tri-Glide.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've had the tri-glide for a little over 2 years. It seemed to work OK and for sure, better than before with just the trail air. Recently I repositioned the trail-air within the pin box. I noticed that while hooked up, the glide plate was not level. It was actually angled back a few degrees. This was allowing the glide to sit at the rear of it's travel limit.
I drilled new mounting holes in the pin box just over an inch to the rear of the existing ones and did it so the A would be angled down a few degrees. The rear holes were drilled 1/4" higher than the front. This lowered the front of the TA enough so that when hooked up to the truck, the plate is flat and the glide is centered within it's travel range.
We traveled this weekend and I was amazed at the difference in performance. I'm a believer again.

Sandpirate69

Ray,
I have the tri-glide, but never experienced the ride without the tri-glide lower jaw. Therefore, I can't fully explain the experience to my friend on the difference between the two. I bought mine complete because of the price total if you purchase them seperate, crazy total. But anyway, my friend is between putting air bags & then buying the normal Trail Air W/out the tri-glide. I don't have air bags on my truck, so I can't help him there either. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ivan

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ivan, the basic trail air (no glide) does an excellent job of cushioning and reducing the jarring effect to the trailers frame. Air bags on the truck will make the overall ride better and help both truck & trailer. Some folks don't seem to have any issues with the chucking and some do. It's all in the geometry of wheelbase, hitch height and how much play is in the hitch/pin connection.
When I bought the lower jaw it was straight from Lippert as a Rally offering. I missed the free installation and had to do my own. I even had to pay freight to WI. (Ouch) I feel the tri glide addition might be better than adding air bags on the truck but thats just my opinion. We all know about opinions.
All that said, your friend might be money ahead if he put on a Mor-ryde pin along with air bags on the truck. I've never heard anyone complain about the Mor-ryde pin. Plus it doesn't add nearly as much weight as the TG.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

I guess I should have said I have a long bed, with air bags on the truck, as well. Trace