Smoke Detectors - ACTIVATE yours now!

sgtbigb

My Landmark is a year old. , Thought it was time to check the smoke alarm. Push the check button, nothing happen, Thought it was time to change the battery. After opening the alarm to change battery found that the plastic tab to keep battery from connecting the alarm was still intact to the oringinal , the smoke alarm was never activated. Check yours!:(

GOTTOYS

Re: Smoke Alarms

Well...it did keep it from going off when you burned the toast...Good advice..Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

After attending a seminar at the Heartland Nat'l I bought 2 new improved smoke alarms and a CO detector from the guy at the rally. I removed the smoke alarm from the galley area and mounted one in the bedroom and one in the rear of the coach. I put the new CO detector in the bedroom as well.
Now we don't get alarms when doing bacon and other "greasy, smoky fried foods.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I also bought two of the smoke detectors that Mac was selling, but not the CO unit. Also got three of his FireAde fire extinguishers. Put a detector in the bedroom and rear of the rig, like Ray, and just removed the battery from the OEM detector over the steps. Now the toaster doesn't set off the alarm.

wdk450

Ray:
Good post. I did notice that both you and Heartland (on the label on the detector) refer to "CO2". Carbon MONOXIDE is correctly designated "CO" - "CO2" (Carbon DIOXIDE) is what is in soft drink fizz and electrical fire extinguishers.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Ray:
Good post. I did notice that both you and Heartland (on the label on the detector) refer to "CO2". Carbon MONOXIDE is correctly designated "CO" - "CO2" (Carbon DIOXIDE) is what is in soft drink fizz and electrical fire extinguishers.
What do you mean Bill? I don't see a "2" in my post.;)
Actually I just did an edit. Thanks!

porthole

Retired

well since it is October and Fire Prevention month.
When we give out pencils at the schools during our presentations some of us tell the kids they cannot sharpen the pencil and use it until they go home and make their parents use the eraser end to check the smokes. Seems to work.

As for RV'ing, my suggestion is to just change the battery every spring, providing you are seasonal.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
As mentioned by "Jimmy" in a similar post:
TEST BUTTON! Every time you camp...

Good advice.