Cargo Door Lifts

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was reading the August issue of Trailer Life and came across an article about adding a Hatchlift kit to the cargo doors.
I know that in the past I have read posts about those wanting to repair, replace or add a lift shock to their cargo doors.
It looks like a pretty straight forward approach to adding a shock and this link may help someone looking to do just that. Hatchkit.

Peace
Dave

wingfoot

I just installed two of these kits..Easy install. The kit comes with everything you need. The quality of the kit components is superb. I did have to call their tech support on a question I had on which kits I needed. They were very helpful. If you look on their Webb site they have great tutorials.

Good product, good support, fast service.

Larry

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the off-door vertically hinged cargo door on the BH that has no stop or holdback. It blows back and forth when it's windy and beats itself up. I have been mulling over several ideas.
Does anyone who has seen these kits think they would work in a swing out application? I don't see any info for doors hinged up & down. Trace

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have the off-door vertically hinged cargo door on the BH that has no stop or holdback. It blows back and forth when it's windy and beats itself up. I have been mulling over several ideas.
Does anyone who has seen these kits think they would work in a swing out application? I don't see any info for doors hinged up & down. Trace

Trace - check out my solution here: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24395-Baggage-Door-quot-Hold-Open-quot-Latch

Hatchlift kits work for both lift doors and swing doors. The Standard kit is typically the size to order - one kit per each door you want to rig
If you have any questions on your application or installation, please let me know.

Hatchlift1

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace - check out my solution here: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24395-Baggage-Door-quot-Hold-Open-quot-Latch

Gus,
Thank you. I was thinking of something like what was in the thread you suggested. I think I will go that route, Trace