2012 Chevy with Hauler bed..

Delaine and Lindy

photo 4.JPGDealership had tech come in Sat. morning and install the Hauler bed will get the inbed Fuel tank installed on Monday.. Will also installed the Trailer Saver air ride hitch on Monday, I will drive up Sunday from Panama City Florida and be there Monday morning and they will also install the in-bed fuel tank.... Happy Trails... photo.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto  2.JPG

Last edited:

Brandon.Prewitt

That is awesome. Only think I would like is for the hitch to flip into the bed. I like to haul 4-wheelers when I'm not pulling an RV.

How is the storage? What is the brand name of the bed?

jbeletti

Nice Lindy - gonna have to look at that in Tampa if you will be there. Or maybe see it in Tennessee - neighbor :)

Jim

Cyclone Traveler

It appears to be the ER Model from cmtruckbeds.com out of Oklahoma. We've been looking at making ours so we can haul dirtbikes and atvs but if the price is right! Would you mind saying how much the hauler bed was?

Delaine and Lindy

The Hauler bed was $6,500 installed paint the same as the Truck. Extra re-inforcement were the Trailer Saver will set.

Hi Jim we will be at the Tampa RV show this winter and in Sebring, Fla again this winter. Delaine stayed in Panama City Fla, the kids and grandkids are there for the week. We will move toward Sebring on Friday.... Hope to get everything finished tomorrow. Have to get the in-bed fuel tank installed and the Trailer Saver mounted.... Happy Trails...

loafer

How cool is that ? what a great looking rig. Good luck and happy trails and safe travels in your new rig.
Bill

RollingHome

Lindy, Looks great ! I'm happy for ya, did you order a cab & chassis or did the dealer remove the bed... just wondering. As you know, the Hensley Trailer Saver is removable and will allow you to use the tv to haul other toys. I even got the goose neck ball ($125.00) for my TS3 to pull goose neck trailers. Tom

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Saweeeet!! I often think about either getting a new hauler, or converting mine to a hauler bed.

Last edited:

Delaine and Lindy

Tom the dealer remove the bed and bought it back. Yes I also have the Gooseneck ball, I also have the Reese Gooseneck system from Reese that fits in the bed rails like the Trailer Saver.. However I never haul anything on the Hauler bed or the Truck bed, I have Hallmark 32' inclosed Car trailer and a 25' bumper equipment (12,000 lb capacity) only thing riding on the Hauler Bed is the Trailer Saver and the in-bed fuel (45 gal capacity) tank.
Happy Trails....

Delaine and Lindy

Update on the 2012 Chevy, brought the 3500HD back to Panama City last night and everything went fine. I did add another option, I had the dealer install a front Grill guard made by the Perry Company out of Waco Texas, its called the Renegade it will give more protection from hitting a deer or some other animal. Seems to be made very Heavy, and it looks very good on the front of the Chevy.... Will hookup Friday and move on toward our winter site in Sebring, Florida.. My Computer crashed and had to get another, Delaine went and bough me a new MacBook Pro, she has a Mac also and she wanted to get me one also. Will post some Pic after get them down loaded. Very happy with how thing turned out. Happy Trails....

RollingHome

Lindy, so you too have a car hauler...I have a pee wee 16 footer. Thought I've seen it all until last weekend. Went to a drag strip (Numedia, PA) and got into the pits. I saw what the young uns have been up to since my motorhead days. How about way past 200 mph in the quarter. That was not enough for old fart me. I struck up a conversation with a young motor head with a way too long car hauler. His was 46 feet - WOW. Then his buddy chimed in "Mines 53 feet" - double WOW. I asked him if that long was legal and he just smiled. I thought I was hot stuff pulling a 39 foot 5er. Once again I was humbled, can't imagine pulling a 53 foot trailer through my trails. Oh to be young again :)

TandT

What do these beds weigh, as compared to a stock bed? Specifically the aluminum beds. Thanks

Delaine and Lindy

I don't know the difference in weight but I know my Hauler Bed with the in-bed fuel tank will weigh more than the OEM bed. However I really don't think the weight will be that much different.

Tom I agee, the drag racing days are a long time gone in my opinion. I never had the money to really do much, but for years I did go to many drag strips..... I really only use my car hauling trailer for storing my John Deere toys, 3320 John Deere tractor, X540 Lawn tractor and the new John Deere Gator 850i. We are on the road Rving so much I in the past moved the 30' HaulMark car trailer to her dads farm... Happy Trails....

P.S. Delaine has had a MBP for sometime I just didn't want to pay the price ??? However I was in Ala. and Delaine decided I needed a Mac, oh well the MBP is a awesome Computer.

jbeletti

What do these beds weigh, as compared to a stock bed? Specifically the aluminum beds. Thanks

Trace - my F550 with an aluminum hauler bed and cabinets packed full, weighs about 10,000 pounds.

I believe I was told that my hauler bed weighs about the same as a stock bed. I can't see that being the case. With boxed out cabinets and doors, just can't see this weighing less than an open sheet metal bed.

Jim

TandT

Thanks Jim. I contacted CM with the same inquiry, but have not heard back yet. Trace