Condensation

Deedee

When heating with propane, how do I cut down on the condensation buildup on the windows?
I like to put plastic on my windows in winter, to keep the drafts out. Would I need to use a humidifer?
Your suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
D

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Deedee, A humidifier creates condensation. You would want a dehumidifier.
However what I do is just crack a window or one of the roof vents ever so slightly, that might take care of your problem. Trace

Deedee

Right of course a dehumidifier, I have the vent in the bathroom open all the time, and I have a vent in the bedroom. However all I have in the kitchen living area is the super fan/vent. I can't keep that open all the time as I would get wet if it were raining. I live on Vancouver Island, BC so it is humid here anyway, Winter we get lots of rain.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, you just might want to try a dehumidifier then. I bought a good one for my house for around $70 or so, when I was living near the coast.
Or...............you could move to the desert like me. No dehumidifier needed. :) Trace

GOTTOYS

Shouldn't get condensation from the heater. It's vented outside and uses outside air for combustion. The condensation you get is from usng hot water, breating and any other source of moist air. Run your vent fans ...Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Cold outside and warm inside will cause condensation on single pane windows. A dehumidifier might help but no guarantees. Plastic on the inside will help as well. On the super fan/vent, you should be able to open it manually just a 1/2" or so to help. This should be enough to keep the rain out.

caissiel

When we had single pane windows we cut 1" sheets of sterofoam and placed it between the windows and the curtains. it helped with heating and prevented running moisture on the windows.. no need for that now with dual pane windows.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the super vent/fan you're referring to in the rear of the coach is actually the Fantastic Fan, with or without rain sensor, get a MaxxAir cover on it and you won't have to worry about getting wet if it's open. Same with the bathroom and bedroom vents. Not overly expensive and easy to install.