Interior Slide Trim

frano

The interior vertical wood trim on our M21 slide has loosened at the bottom of the trim piece. We're presently at the Bath, NY rally and the local Heartland dealer said that these strips are stapled on. However, I cannot find any staples and want to reattach without the hassle and time to bring to my dealer. My local dealer is 40 miles away from my home and took 2.5 weeks to replace the bath fan, so I'm in no hurry to bring it back to them. How do I reattach this vertical wood trim?

GOTTOYS

The staples are about 1 1/4 inches long. Most finish carpenters and possibly cabinet shops will have an air stapler to do this. You can purchase a less expensive home owner type to use yourself for around $40-50 bucks if you like but you will need an air compressor to run it. Another option would be to use a good quality double-stick foam tape. Why not bring it to the dealer near where you are and have them staple it? Would take about 1 minute to do the job....Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The one thing that I would check 1st. Make sure that the trim is not rubbing on the floor and pulling it loose. If it is then trim off a little on the bottom. Next, I would remove the trim completely and apply a thin bead of construction adhesive, then restaple it in place. Bet it wont come loose again.

Chumbly

Ours did the same thing...I think it may have caught on something while the slide was opening. Luckily I have an air powered brad nailer and refastened it. I did pull out the old brad nails first using needle-nosed pliers.

frano

I can see some marks on the carpet. The trim probably rubbed on the carpet and came loose. I just finished winterizing the trailer, so I'll worry about the trim in the Spring--probably let my dealer worry about fixing it. Thanks for the replies.

camr

Frano.... You have carpet in your Edge? Maybe that is the issue. Ours came with only standard linoleum flooring. If you added carpet, maybe it is high enough off the floor for the trim to grab.

frano

Just a small piece on the stepped portion in front of the TV cabinet--looks like the trim hits there.