300c

Jaru93

Hello everyone , I'm looking at possibly buying a 300C and would like to know how you owners like yours. I also want to know how my 2012 Chevy 2500HD with Duramax & Allison combo would handle it? Thanks in advance for hour responses! Jim

rustyshakelford

i think the truck would be fine. the 2011/2012s have really stepped up the weight ratings. the titanium front end trailers do have pretty hefty pin weights also. if i remember correct, the 300c/30c do not have the basement. For us, that would be a major negative. its amazing how much stuff you need to bring on the road!

brett

71stang99

Initial 2011s did not have a basement feature from what I read. My 2011 does have a basement although its small. do a search for threads under my name for some pics and write ups on initial quality. The 09 F350 SRW I have pulled the trailer well enough but the brakes stink and that may be a general issue for Cyclones and not just my 300c from some of the threads.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The 300C does have a basement storage, however it is smaller than most of our traditional front end 5th's (cab over head design shifts everything forward 6' in the unit reducing pass through storage, but it also reduces towing lenght around 15%). Towing a TI is great, the pin weight is heavy for a traditional 5th but normal for a toy hauler. The Cab over head design really has an advantage while towing, with its unique shape it dramatically improves your aerodynamics which makes it much more enjoyable to tow.

Urban350

I have a 300C and the pin weight with nothing in the garage is very high. The only reason I say that is that a 2500 may not have enough payload. I have not weighed mine yet but the 2900lbs is conservative I think.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Keep in mind that as you add weight to the rear of the unit, it also decreases your pin weight.

sJv

I wonder why Heartland didn't move the axles forward on the 300C in order to reduce the pin weight and make it comparable to the 3010? This, and the small basement, are the main drawbacks I see compared to the 3010. Oh, and the higher price, of course! :)

CrazyCooter

I would recommend more truck, but you could do it with what you have. My Dodge 3500 Dually laughs at the little thing......

The advertised specs are wrong...... Maybe by the time this model is discontinued, they will update the web site.....

My pin weight was only 2K before I added anything. :eek:..........It is over 40ft overall length, and over 35ft pin to bumper......:( and the GVW was bumped to 16K:( This bumps up to class A license territory in my state of residence......

There is a small basement which I find adequate and I carry more stuff than most others I camp with.........most TH's in the industry have basement storage that could serve as a second bedroom! This was fine with us as the interior space is HUGE! I have just gotten creative with my packing.

The brakes did suck bad as there is only two axles and therefore 4-12" brakes vs. three axles, 6-12" brakes of many TH's this size. Mine are much better after my exhaust brake quit in an extremely hilly section of highway and got abused, or bedded in? I have since upgraded the brake wiring to 10g cable and find the stopping to be adequate for my gcvw of 28K on this trip.

I wish the axles were a foot or so farther back or added another axle. With my 280lb dirt bike, two 350lb sport quads, and the rear fuel tank full, the axles are near max gawr. Too much for those tires they come equipped with. When I have to fill the other tank and add one more bike, things could get ugly.......

Overall, the build quality is on par for companies acquired by Thor.......... Take your pick cause we don't have much choice these days. It's $125K and up for the next tier level........way out of my budget!