Cable TV hook-up

navyAZ1

Attempted to hook up cable TV this weekend in a camp ground and got nothing. Really not sure how all this should be hooked up since I didn't get any manuals showing any of this. I have hooked up my satillite and it worked fine. Does the cable hook up have to run through the DVD player there are 3 cable leads in the vacinity of the TV I found one to be for the satillite and one is already hooked up and appears to be the the regular antenna hook up. This left only one cable plug which I thought would be the cable TV hook up but when I hooked to it I didn't get a signal and I am not a wiz at this electronic stuff. I have also sent an e-mail to my dealer to see if they can send me some sort of manual to show me how to hook all this up. Thanks in advance for any help. We are really loving our Big Horn.:)

HappyKayakers

Most of the time when folks have problems with the cable, it comes down to 2 things. First, make sure the antenna booster is turned OFF. Next, you probably have to use the TV menu and tell it you're using a cable input and possibly rescan channels.

Pulltab

If you want to be adventurous, pull the plate from the wall and ensure the cable is connected to it. Mine was not. If it is not you will have to play find it but it won't be to bad. If that is what it is respond and I will help you if I can.

jwb187

Not sure what type TV you have in your unit, but if it is an Olevia, you might go to their website www.olevia.com....they have a downloadable owners manual there......thats what I had to do.....these new tv,dvd,vcr units are very complicated if you not a techie!!!

jimtoo

Amen to these new Olevia TV's being complicated. I don't think I have ever done the setup the same twice in a row. I don't know if it is to complicated for me to understand or maybe it is just so simple I am making it hard. :confused:

phranc

Navyaz1,, No wiz here either,, Here is my recolection of the hook up..
Cable from park post goes to input that says cable in docking sta.. then do what Happy Kayakers said. Then in your entertainment center there should/could be a A-B switch. One position or the other will be for 'cable'.
Then program TV..
My disclaimer is that I haven't seen any of this since last fall and my memory might be failing...

madigand

My cable hook-up uses the same wire as the antenna. I make sure that the antenna booster is turned off andd then do the search for cable channels on my Olevia.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I've got 3 cable outlets and trial and error showed the ones behind the TV are the Sat. and found one under the dest which is the cable. Took awhile to figure them out. Would be nice if there were some labels on things.../Doug

navyAZ1

Boy do I feel stupid, I didn't even thiink about setting the Olevia for cable I'll bet I had the channels selected for "air". I'll have to check that next time we're someplace with cable.

flder

Don Reich
If you have 3055, in the bedroom tv enclosure where you hook up the cable from the tv to the outlet, there is a red light on the left and a button to the wall side of the cover - this turns the power off and on to the antenna.

Don

lddtx19

DougLynne said:
I've got 3 cable outlets and trial and error showed the ones behind the TV are the Sat. and found one under the desk which is the cable. Took awhile to figure them out. Would be nice if there were some labels on things.../Doug

No Kidding. I had a label on the 1 light in my bathroom, but none on the three coax outlets. I can get cable, but the satellite coax isn't label inside or out, there are two and I can't get either of them to work either