Suggestion about the drawers...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
While we are traveling one of my pet peeves is that the drawers keep coming open. I know that they have a friction position when fully closed that is suppose to help keep them from coming open during travel.

I would like to see on the bottom of the drawers at the very front a notch that when closed the drawer will drop into keeping it from sliding open. All you would have to do is slightly lift the drawer up and pull it open. This notch would only have to be a 1/4" to keep it closed.

BC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobcat, have you looked under the drawers? There may be a catch there that needs adjusting, or you could just add a catch. Like the ones in your cabinets.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
TxBobcat - the drawers used to open on the 3250 we used to have. I just went down to wallyworld and bought a small diameter, spring rod and slide it down the drawer pulls. It was a quick and e-z fix.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bobcat, with the glides Heartland uses, a notch won't work. The Glides won't allow the drawer to drop down into it. Ours have a spring notch either at the back of the drawer or under. Check for one in yours. It may just need an adjustment.

porthole

Retired
I would like to see on the bottom of the drawers at the very front a notch that when closed the drawer will drop into keeping it from sliding open. All you would have to do is slightly lift the drawer up and pull it open. This notch would only have to be a 1/4" to keep it closed.

BC

You mean like what has been used on boats for years???