MPG 185 Stereo unit location

185T-WA

On my MPG 185T the stereo unit is on the back wall of the bathroom above the table. (in the door, left turn, left turn, look back to your left toward the front of the trailer) This is very awkward to get to and just as difficult to adjust with the remote as getting bent around over the table to see the display is nearly impossible. Has anyone opened up the cabinet and moved the stereo unit? I was thinking of moving the whole cabinet to the side wall over the window. 90 degrees off of where it is now. That way I could see the screen from standing in the hallway. My other thought was move it across the unit to over the couch which is on the slideout but that creates all type of moving cable issues. My third thought was to move it to the front over the window that is over the kitchen sink and door. Much easier to get to and would work with the TV sitting on the front counter area. That would mean cabling through the bathroom but a little plastic conduit and RTV would handle that.

Anyone done this? This location may be a unique to the 185.

Thanks
185T-WA

An MPG in Washington State?

ophazard

We moved the stereo unit to the wall to the right of the bathroom door at eye level; and built a box for it. It was easy to deal with the wiring and we find it very convenient. Where it was you had to stand on the seat to see the screen. What were they thinking! We love the unit.

MPG185-GA

Have a 185 as well...and yes the stereo location is awful. I am very much interested in relocating the stereo. I was thinking about replacing the small cabinet with my own cabinet, one maybe about 3" deeper where I could mount the stereo on the side of the cabinet....where it will face out and then relocate the cabinet storage door to the inside wall side.