MPG Community - Spring TX

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We're not an MPG owner but have a Landmark and are staying at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort in Spring.

Bea

Hi! New to forum, we live in Holly Lake Ranch, TX (near Tyler). We have a 185 and love it! We have completed one "shake down" trip with no problems. Plan on taking it for a week down to South Texas and Arizona for several weeks early in 2012. We have completed some interior work customized to our life style. On our "shake down" trip, we were overrun with fellow campers wanting to see the 185. Regards!

jimtoo

Hi Bea,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share if needed.

If you could, you might take some pictures of your mods as your doing them and post here on the forum. Might give some others ideas also. It is always great to make some changes to make it more comfortable or usable to fit as you like it.

Enjoy the forum and your 185.

Jim M

jayc

Bea, I don't know when you plan to be in south Texas but we have a couple of events planned for February 1 & 2nd if you want to check the portal page HERE. We'd love to meet you then.

Bea

Jay, thanks for the welcome and info. We're interested in making it to the Spring, TX event. I checked the portal and came up with a date of April 20-22? Is there another event planned in Feb? We too are Schnauzer fans 'Petey" who is THE BOSS! He believes the MPG is his personal residence! Thanks, and let us know about February.

jayc

Hi Bea,
The April dates are for our rally in Spring but we have a meet and greet on February 1st in Mission TX HERE, a dealer open house HERE, and the RV.net rally in Kerrville HERE.

Bea

Jay, thanks for the info. We will probably make the April event in Spring and perhaps Kerrville in February. Appreciate the info.

TXSWICK

Hi! New to forum, we live in Holly Lake Ranch, TX (near Tyler). We have a 185 and love it! We have completed one "shake down" trip with no problems. Plan on taking it for a week down to South Texas and Arizona for several weeks early in 2012. We have completed some interior work customized to our life style. On our "shake down" trip, we were overrun with fellow campers wanting to see the 185. Regards!

We have been out a couple of times in our 185 and really find it Perfect for us! Would like to see pics of your customizations. This past weekend we went to a great KOA on Galveston Bay in Baytown. Great ammenities and the fishing was fantastic. Would like to hear about the opportunities int he Holly Lake area.

crennpage

TXSWICK, my wife and I live in Spring, TX and we just bought our MPG 183 last month and I'm loving it (my wife perhaps not so much but she's never been much of a camper!) ;) I've been a backpacker and car tent camper for the better part of the last 40 years but now I'm getting a little old for roughing it all the time. It sure is nice to wakeup in a campground in 35 deg temps and simply flick a switch for heat. The old days of taking the time and effort to build a morning campfire then jump around it to keep warm may indeed be over!

Craig

jimtoo

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes,, it's much nicer and a whole lot less work to flip the switch to warm up than build that fire and dance around it. It was fun a long time ago.. but I guess we get a little older and maybe a little lazier as we age.

The Heartland Owners S. Texas Chapter will be having a rally there in Spring at Rayford Crossing in April. You might check this link and register if it's not to far to travel for you. Also think about joining the Heartland Owners Club, lots of good benefits.

Enjoy the forum and your new MPG.

Jim M