Dropped the trailer on the bed rails

usnthedog

Well, Stupiditiy won again. I pulled out from under my Greystone 32Re without lowering the legs. :mad: It set down nicely and wrinkled the truck bed. The pin box did not touch just the bed rails. There is no appearant damage to the trailer, nothing is bulged or out of level. This model has a bubble front and covering under the overhang so you can't see the structure. My question is and request for an opinion is: do you think it did damage to the frame of the trailer? It is going take a lot of effort to look under the skin. Has anyone experienced this?

If you think I would get more traffic in a different topic let me know and I'll repost.

Thanks,
Jeff

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch! First of all I would never admit to that. I would find a way to blame someone else.
Seriously I think this has happened to more people than you would think. I personally know of two.
I doubt that you inflicted any damage to the Greystone. Sounds like the truck took the shock.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Been there, done that! TWICE!!! Once because I forgot to lock the latch device when moving the rig from one site to another in the same park. The second time was right after the Nat'l Rally this year. Long story short, my fault. The Trail Air crushed my tool box in the rear but the box held the weight and prevented any damage to the bed rails. I've since banged out the tool box and all is well once again.

The key thing is don't get distracted by anything when doing a normal routine.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well that makes another one chocked up to doing that. Oh well. Things could have been worse. Could of dropped it and rolled down the hill. I had over 10 thousand dollars damage to mine. But it looks good as new. Our way of helping this is get into a routine and stick with it. Have the wife double check things. This works for us so far.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
To answer your question it is possible you damaged the trailer, however if you do not see any obvious damage what I would do is take it to a dealer as soon as you get a chance and let them take a look at it. Then go from there. Most probably you are going to make an insurance claim (I know I would) on the truck damage and when doing so mention the possibility of damage to the trailer. The the adjuster can take a look at it too. It is always possible to get a supplement for additional damage issued by the insurance company.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I learned the hard way myself on S.O.B. trailer. I have a checklist, on my Iphone now, that DW and I go thru like a pre-flight inspection before we move. We go by everything including is the oven vent cover closed to the fantastic fan off. Since we started that we have had no issues.