29 BUDS CE stories... good and bad please

hbjersurf

Looking for information as I have not purchased yet. The biggest issue i hear of with the NT brand is the potential for delamination and relatively rudimentary issues. Thank you in advance.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
We have had leaking slide out issues from day one. I don't think we'd ever get a trailer with a slide out again. It is pretty much fixed now, but it took many many trips back to the dealer and a lot of work on our part. The caulking on something brand new was really bad. I'd sure go over it with a fine tooth comb.
We plan on keeping this trailer for a couple years and then trading it in on another brand.

olyfire

We have a 32 BUDS. Although we initially had a number of problems, all were fixed and we love our trailer. As many people have stated, Heartland does stand behind there trailer.
This is our fourth trailer and 5th wheel and never a problem with leaks.
I don't care which brand you buy they all seem to have some problem. I think how the dealer and factory takes care of it's customer is what really counts.

OBX-GL

Unless i have missed it, Heartland hasn't fallen over it's self addressing the silly NOAA warning issue. I followed that thread for some time waiting for someone at Heartland to comment and let us know of the easiest fix, or at least announcing a change for future models.

Marge i've also been following your adventure. Your very understandably wary of slides. However, FWIW slides offer a lot and slide experiences like yours are in the minority. If i felt Heartland did not do all they could to satisfy me they most defiantly would not be getting a future sale but would hate to think they might deny me enjoyment of a slide in another brand. Just want you to have all the slide enjoyment i'm having.

I never heard NT had a reputation for delamination though ?

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
I'm just glad we only have one slide to worry about. Now we noticed a crack on the outside bottom underneath of the slide, we thought it was dirt, but nope, a definite crack in the fiberglass.

But hey it can't leak down there, that's something!

hbjersurf

Hopefully I dont regret it and dont have serious issues but I went with the 28 BRS as its a bit lighter than the 29 BUDS CE and still the kiddos can sleep comfortably in the bunks. They have to build it so I expect it in 8 weeks. This is our first camper so we are all very excited to take delivery and get camping. Thank you for all of your input.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
This is our 2nd North Trail. Love them BOTH. Would not have bought another one if we would not have liked the 1st.

ENJOY!!!!

M

Mcreech

I have no doubt that you will love your new North Trail and although I would love to say we build the perfect unit with no problems every single time, I just can't. Individual people build these trailers, we dont use robots like the car industry (at least not yet) and sometimes things get out the door that shouldn't. But what I can tell you is Heartland is committed to make your unit 100% right. That might be right off the bat when you pick the unit up, or it might be after one or two camping trips. But I can tell you that we are here to ensure that your camper is working as it was meant to. Thanks Mike C

irvin56

I have never had a real major problem with ours. And the issues we did have the dealer pickup on the isssue and fixed them the first yr. and some other stuff they saw. Since then I have not had to return to then for anything. That was 3 seasons ago. We love our 31QBS and will buy another heartland down the road.

Nothing is perfect in the world and everyone makes lemons. Even God himself.