Wall Paper Bubbling Around Windows

fjm039

I have had my unit since May and just got it back after it sitting idle for about 2 - 2.5 months. I have noticed that the wall paper (border/trim) is starting to bubble on both sides of two different windows. Windows are located on opposite sides of the coach from one another. I life in Northwest Florida so humidity is a problem. Is this likely due to humidity or something else?

Jeff

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jeff, is it the border that's peeling or the lamination from the interior wall? If it's the border, you should be able to peel it back and re-apply or maybe press out the bubbles. Sounds like the application process wasn't thorough.
Some of us have actually removed the border all together. It really gives the trailer a "cleaner" look. Not as busy if you get my drift. It peels of easily.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jeff, I noticed the boarder bubbled slightly around two windows myself, but I wasn't concerned, like Ray said, they are self-stick and fairly easy to remove (thus I contributed it to "not very sticky"). If it is bubbles in the wall-board around the windows, then you may have a water infiltration issue, which is more serious.

E

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Our border trim was always starting to come off in places. We finally removed it all and wow, what a difference, we like the look much better anyway.

fjm039

It is the border, not the actual wall board.

To be honest, removing the border never even occurred to me as an option. Might have to run that by the bride.

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
It is the border, not the actual wall board.

To be honest, removing the border never even occurred to me as an option. Might have to run that by the bride.

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff
Honest it really made a huge difference. We like it so much better without it. It came off really easy.

fjm039

Check that. While on our trip to the Smoky's last week the actual wall board between the kitchen window and the door started coming unglued. Bulging out pretty good now.

Will it ever end with this unit? I feel I need to camp constantly in order to find everything before my year is up in May. Been frustrating to say the least!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Take pics and send to HL right away, to establish a timeline, especially if it is getting worse. Check every ounce of caulking to make sure it is sealed, if it is water intrusion, it may be difficult to get it "covered" under warranty.

Theresau

Ours is bubbled too around the rear window - our impression is that the border was put on the wall first and then the windows were put over the border and pushed it down some. We're prob going to redo this in the spring - it drives me crazy. I like our border - we have the 2010 Saddle decor. Reminds me of a mission look and it matches the chairs.

Theresa