Where is my subwoofer?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My friend has a 2008 Bighorn which has a subwoofer that came new with the rig. He says it's behind the television.
He was asking me where mine was. I had never had the television out very far, so we pulled it out.
We could not hear or see anything behind it resembling a subwoofer.
We both agreed that surely if HL was putting a subwoofer in their '08 models, my 2011 model should have one, due to HL constantly improving their product line.
So My question is; should I have one, or not and does anyone else's newer BH, or any similar model have one? Thanks Trace

TandT

Thanks guys. I'll pull out the fireplace and look. If there is one in there, I don't believe it's working.
I'll report back when I figure it out. Trace

Last edited:

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
2008 bighorn mines behind the fireplace also. subwoofer in a system picks up the bass notes from whatever you are listening to

twohappycampers

2008 bighorn mines behind the fireplace also. subwoofer in a system picks up the bass notes from whatever you are listening to

Thank you! But I meant to ask for a physical description of what the subwoofer looks like, not what it does.:)

lwmcguir

Thanks guys. I'll pull out the fireplace and look. If there is one in there, I don't believe it's working.
I'll report back when I figure it out. Trace

If you crank up the volume you should be able to hear and feel it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Trace, we found that unless your playing a DVD with the suround sound on. You wont get any sub-woofer or at least that the way ours works. When it is working....trust me you will know it. BTW, it is behind a panel under the TV where the fireplace would have been. BBTTWW, its an 07 BH.

TandT

Trace, we found that unless your playing a DVD with the suround sound on. You wont get any sub-woofer or at least that the way ours works. When it is working....trust me you will know it. BTW, it is behind a panel under the TV where the fireplace would have been. BBTTWW, its an 07 BH.

I'm going to pull out the Jensen tomorrow when we get to Prado and have a look behind it, to see if anything is marked as a subwoofer. With a DVD playing the whole setup does sound alot better, but I still don't hear it.

(BBTTWW?) Do I want to know?

rick_debbie_gallant

Aint a subwoofer some kinda small dog? There is a sub machine gun, sub-par, sub-merged, sub-marine just to name a few, so then a sub-woofer must be a small dog.

TandT

Aint a subwoofer some kinda small dog? There is a sub machine gun, sub-par, sub-merged, sub-marine just to name a few, so then a sub-woofer must be a small dog.

Come on now. Are you Michiganders at the same party, or rally?? ROFLMAO Trace

TandT

Mystery solved.
At the Pomona RV show on Sunday, I had the pleasure of meeting Bryan Walczak from Heartland. Bryan let me know that if you have the newer Jensen all in one combo, there is no subwoofer.
There is an output jack in the back of the unit for a subwoofer however, so it should be an easy mod.
Thank you Bryan and it was great meeting you and Mike Moreland from Heartland. Great Heartland display.

Last edited: