M219 "Off the Lot" Weight? ...and is the M219 a good choice?

We're thinking of buying an Edge M219. Are there any owners who know what their M219 actually weighed as it was drove off the lot? In other words, before they loaded it up with their camping gear. We'll be pulling with a Ford Sport Trac which has a maximum tow rating of 5010 lbs and we'll use a WD hitch. Any advice on towing it?

How's about some suggestions on the good, bad, & ugly on the M219?

jbeletti

Edge owners will hopefully weigh in here on your weight question. Note however that the Edge product is no longer in production. You may still find product on dealer lots.

Jim

frano

This may be a little off topic, but we have a 2012 Edge M21 that we tow with a Toyota Tacoma V6 (tow rating of 6500 pounds). We use a WD hitch and sway control and are very pleased with this combination. However, the Tacoma usually gets 21+ MPG without towing the trailer and will drop to 10 MPG at turnpike speeds when towing the M21. On secondary roads where we are not maintaining a constant 65-70 MPH, the Tacoma will get around 15 MPG when towing the Edge. The truck is comfortable towing the Edge and does not appear to be working hard, but at turnpike speeds, it sure sucks fuel. I'm guessing, that fully loaded, we're towing about 3800 to 4000 pounds, but have never had it weighed. The factory weight of the M21 was just under 3400 pounds empty. The Edge seems to be well built and is very comfortable for my Wife and I--we love ours.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Clark, weights will vary a little depending on options. Have you seen an M219 at a dealer? On the off door side there should be a yellow sticker. This sticker will tell you how much cargo and water etc. you can add to the trailer before reaching it max capacity. Using those numbers you can calculate the unloaded/empty weight.

pegmikef

I don't know how much difference there is between the 2011 and 2012. but my 2011 fully loaded was around 4700 pounds. I only know this because in Texas you have to have any trailer weighing 4800 pounds has to have and inspection sticker. I tried to keep it at or below the load weight the label on trailer specified. I used a WD hitch on an F150 and it pulled just fine.

Jackc

We are new to the edge forum and just bought the m192. We towed about 450 miles, mostly on freeway with Jeep Grandcherokee with v-8 engine. We had an anti sway bar but no load leveling setup. The tv does have auto load leveling. We did not notice any problems whatsoever. Tow rating on the Jeep is 7,400. According to literature you can load a little less than 1000 lbs. To the trailer. My wife and I believe this will be one of our most enjoyed rv's.

jimtoo

Hi Jackc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad you had a good experience with your new M219. Hopefully you will make some of the rallies and join in some of the Heartland Owners fun and meet some great people.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M